Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. eubanksae's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #1  
    Yesterday, sometime in the afternoon, my radio turned off, and when I discovered it was off, I tried to turn it on, and received the following error: "Not enough power to activate Wireless Mode."

    Now tonight, I was talking on the phone, and then it cut me off, and I found my radio was off again, and when I tried to restart it, I got the same error!!

    What the heck is this?? My battery have been more than 70% in both cases.

    Help !!
    Last edited by eubanksae; 05/13/2004 at 01:04 PM.
  2. #2  
    Ouch, get a replacement quick. There is a problem with Profiles and forwarding but that message is "Phone is not powered"
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  3. eubanksae's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #3  
    Let me also add this note...
    each time this has occured, a soft boot correct's the behavior.

    I have an SD card in for pictures, could that be malfunctioning and drawing too much??

    I just hate to send it off, how long have other's normally been without a phone for a warranty replacement? (in case it is relevant, I'm with T-Mobile)
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eubanksae
    Let me also add this note...
    each time this has occured, a soft boot correct's the behavior.

    I have an SD card in for pictures, could that be malfunctioning and drawing too much??

    I just hate to send it off, how long have other's normally been without a phone for a warranty replacement? (in case it is relevant, I'm with T-Mobile)
    FYI The store where I got mine, says that Palmone is having "distributing problems". That's probably why I have been waiting since 17th of may....
  5. #5  
    i have excatly the same error message and then i get network search o well my new one is coming today
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stynos
    FYI The store where I got mine, says that Palmone is having "distributing problems". That's probably why I have been waiting since 17th of may....
    Perhaps you mean the 17th of April? I have the red "X" battery syndrome and have been told that my replacement (through Sprint) could be as long as two weeks.

    In the meantime, I have to do this dance of death where I wait until the battery is exhausted, let it shut itself down, plug in the charger and hope that it charges. Battery always read 0%....
  7. eubanksae's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #7  
    No, in my case, my battery is charging properly, and the lowest I've ever run my batter down to is about 35%, and the 2 times that this occurred to me, I could use the palm just fine with no issues, and the battery reflected over 70%, but when I tried to turn the radio on, I got: "Not enough power to activate Wireless Mode."

    Thanks,
    Andy E.
  8. #8  
    oki doke, possibly s/d, remove and recharge?

    Do you suffer from poor battery life generally? How long does the battery take to charge, from say 20% to 100%, Current(A) in x Time. A quick charge time is symptomatic of a low capacity battery, such a battery is likely to increase instability also. I would say anything under 1hr for the 80% may be a problem.

    I have not had experience of the Treo on a CDMA network but it is possible that this may result from a network fault or a pure handset radio end fault. Because CDMA cells can only handle so much radio noise before they lose the conversation, a handset which cannot power regulate correctly on the radio end will output at the lowest possible power.

    On the Network side of this, congestion or excessive noise in the cell may result in rejection of people on the edge of that cell, this occurs because a longer range exchange requires more power/noise. I would not expect a rejection to cause this but it is possible.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmf
    Perhaps you mean the 17th of April? I have the red "X" battery syndrome and have been told that my replacement (through Sprint) could be as long as two weeks.

    In the meantime, I have to do this dance of death where I wait until the battery is exhausted, let it shut itself down, plug in the charger and hope that it charges. Battery always read 0%....
    Sorry, just being optimistic!
  10. mguy's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  
    Hi there,

    I have had this happen twice and both times I was trying to send an MMS to someone who's was not activated yet i.e. maybe crashed it cause it was using a lot of memory or something

Posting Permissions