Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I just bought the Bellagio case from here:

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=36

hoping it will be a good substitute for the vaja ivolution case. This case looks a little thinner in width than the ivolution. I like the fact that the case does not cover the keyboard or screen, that's a big plus for me. It looks a bit thick on the back, but oh well. This case was $29, vaja would have been +$100 shipped.

I hope it compares well to the "slim-ness" of the ivolution.
    I should know this but I don't.

Do either the Bellagio or the Ivolution having locking swivel clips instead of free rotating clips. I would rather have my Treo sit horizontally instead of vertically. For some reason I can't find out this information.
    I've got the Bellagio case and I've been mostly happy with it. It is not particularly thin and the belt clip, while well attached to the leather back, is not well attached to the cardboard (or other stabilizer) inserted between the leather back and the felt interior. The belt clip allows the Treo to rotate freely, though the snap clip at the top restricts movement a bit.

Does the ivolution have a plastic cover for the screen and keyboard? I couldn't see one on their website, but I also really like the fact that the Bellagio doesn't have a plastic cover.
    No, the front of the iVolution case is completely clear just like the Bellagio. No plastic.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    hey so the bellagio case is "thick" ???

NOOoooo1oOO!
    I have the Bellagio "C" version of the T600 case, the one that has a flip-up rear that is supposed to allow easy docking. (We'll get back to that in a second)

Both the front and the back of the case are padded, with the front measuring at about 3/8ths of an inch thick while the back is about 1/4" thick. Actually, I like the padding, as it distributes any pointed impact that corners of desks, doorknobs, and similar hazards any belt-carried device seems to attract. The leather is top notch, although the embossing job Bellagio did wasn't anywhere near the quality that the high price they charged would have indicated.

With the belt clip off, it still fits into front pants pockets, although it would be a tight squeeze into snug jeans. If you do plan on pocket use, this case may be too thick. The clip itself is a delight, but I'm concerned about its durability after thousands of cycles. (The clip rotates freely, btw.)

Back to the cradle-friendly flipped back: It's a pain, as the leather has to be massaged into place and the Treo must be forcefully pressed down into the cradle or else it will slowly rise and disconnect in time. I've given up, and simply take the case off when I'll be at my desk for long periods of time.

YMMV
    Does the Bellagio case allow for use of the camera in the case? It says it has cutouts, but the photo looks like some of the leather partially covers the lens.

TIA,
    ctakim
    My Problem with the Bellagio case, it doesn't fit the Sprint Treo.

I have the Flip Cover Style C and the bottom of the case doesn't surround the Treo. I've actually had a couple times where the Treo has fallen right out the bottom of the case.

I hope (but see no sign on thier website) that they've corrected this.
    Pete
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    I should know this but I don't.

Do either the Bellagio or the Ivolution having locking swivel clips instead of free rotating clips. I would rather have my Treo sit horizontally instead of vertically. For some reason I can't find out this information.
    The iVolution does not have a locking swivel clip.
    Well Ive just received a shipping confirmation from Bellagio and I should receive my open face leather case for the 650 from them within the next couple days. From there website it looks like a keeper. I will let all know how good it truly is.
    From the 3-D movie on the TreoCentra Store site, it looks like the Bellagio's flap covers the camera, meaning you'll have to open it to use it. I had the same problem with the basic "form fit" case, and ended up punching a hole in it until my i-Volution arrived.

To confirm what's been noted so far, no, the i-Volution does not have anything covering the screen or keyboard, and it has a free-rotating clip (although you do need to turn your T650 horizontal before pulling it out).

I don't know if it's cradle friendly (when, oh when, will it be available?), but getting to the power/sync jack is a lot easier with the i-Volution than it was with the "form fit" case. With the latter, I often got the case caught between the plug and the jack. The i-Volution, while thick, leaves a lot of room for jack access.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    I don't know if it's cradle friendly (when, oh when, will it be available?), but getting to the power/sync jack is a lot easier with the i-Volution than it was with the "form fit" case. With the latter, I often got the case caught between the plug and the jack. The i-Volution, while thick, leaves a lot of room for jack access.
    I had the i-volution for the 600, and unfortunately, it was not cradle-friendly.