Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Man, I really feel for those of you who are having such a hard time getting a working phone. I've had mine since January. I am a moderate data user. No issues with my phone so far. Time will tell, of course. I sure hope you folks get replacements that work, and soon!
    I love the Treo and do not hesitate to recommend it. No it is not perfect but it is awesome in so many ways. I am now on my third and I expect to mofe to a 4th - my screen is blue, etc.

My main complaint is the shoddy quality control and while I am not in love with having a refurbished phone forced on me, the hassle, wasted time and BS with the warranty Sprint tries to pull makes this a needlessly frustrating experience.

PalmOne needs to deliver a more consistent product and Sprint needs to stop being stupoid as-holes about the warranty.

Off topic - I must be blind but where is the spell check for threads?? Call me stupid if u like as long as u tell me where it is

Then I would love the Treo even more.
    Also I believe this affects the GSM version more.
    yeah, it seems like the GSM version's achilles heel is the buzzing/echo problem, the CDMA's is the network search.
    Last edited by loudpocket; 05/13/2004 at 12:44 PM. Reason: quote
    No buzzing, no echo, no resets on a PalmOne GSM. I've had it since April 2, so maybe it hasn't had time to go bad, or I've been lucky.

I want the ROM upgrade for Voice Recording.

I can understand that anyone who has been through several phones is frustrated and angry and can have a negative attitude about the company and the product.

Don't get personal just because someone rants about a product you love. It's only a piece of technology.
    Seldomvisitor - 938 posts

thank God he's not a FrequentVisitor
    Do you realize how many times that has been pointed out?

Gee - you are SO original!

And SO on-topic, too!

DAMN!

You must be ****ing PROUD of yourself!

More! More!

(giggle - whatta dweeb!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Where did your username come from, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    - a good point is always worth repeating

- more than we can say for you

And SO on-topic, too!
    - thanks
    DAMN!
    - hav you just banged your oversized ego off the wall ?
    You must be ****ing PROUD of yourself!
    - I'll never be as proud of myself as an overinflated **** like you

More! More!
    - if you insist

(giggle - whatta dweeb!)
    - you're such an unrelenting, unmitigated, pompous arse Mr SV
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    - you're such an unrelenting, unmitigated, pompous arse Mr SV

"Do you realize how many times that has been pointed out?

And SO on-topic, too!"
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Now, now children

On Topic -

Gotta agree with loudpocket. Poor audio quality is an achilles heel of the GSM version and network search the CDMA one. The audio quality is pretty much the entire responsibility of the phone. The abberant "signal" behaviour may relate to network to some degree, what do other non-Treo users in the same area find? A slightly iffy CDMA network can easily result in this behaviour, particularly at times when localised cell blocking(congestion)occurs.

On using data having any impact on audio quality, no cannot be. The speech circuits do not carry data at all, then beyond the speech circuits it is all just data, whether it's for voice or packet switched.

But I like my Treo, it's done >200mb of data this month and the audio quality is passable(quality control again, different plants,components?).
    Some ppl have been fortunate enough not to have any problems with their T|6 and others have had nothing but.

All I can say is that I was one of those ppl w/o issues until AFTER the update. Now all I get is an echo when trying to use the phone and sometimes while on the phone, the screen locks and the dial pad seems to be stuck.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12