1.    #1  
    Is it me or...

Does the whole checking POP and IMAP servers with BaseJet just seem like to takes too long? I get the feeling that it is first communicating with their servers to validate my demo number. Is that possible? Does this stop when you purchase?

Palm's Mail client was a lot faster with auth and then download of new mail.

Does anyone use a mail client similar to BaseJet (with IMAP - and yes, I am aware of Snapper 2.0) that seems a little more efficient with the mail polling? I think the long polling is wearing down my battery faster than usual.
    Yes, BaseJet is very slow. That's one of the reasons I ended up using Symmetry Pro, instead. BaseJet has some nice features, but I found it slow AND unreliable.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes, BaseJet is very slow. That's one of the reasons I ended up using Symmetry Pro, instead. BaseJet has some nice features, but I found it slow AND unreliable.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It looks nice but like some other companies they seem to forget that some Palm users use a Mac.

Downloading an .exe file is the 1st sign I won't and can't use it.
    I also need IMAP support.
    I've got the BaseJet trial running and it's OK but slow and I can't make it download headers only - just 1K for everything or all of everything - whatever, it's not worth cash.
    I tried to try Chatter, the guy's auto-response said it might be a week till I got a trial password - sorry but I can't wait a week for a response to a support call so non starter.
    I just tried to try "Symettry Pro" but the trial part of their website is down.
    Is there anything properly supported out there?