1.    #1  
    By now I suspect the majority of us have refurbushed phones as replacement units. I bought mine wiht a 12 month warranty. I replaced it thorugh LockLine insurance and that one came with a clearly stated 12 month warranty.

Then of course that one fails and I get a refurbished one. Now Sprint says I has 90 days of warranty.

So those of us in this boat paid like $600 for a device that has flaws that force us to then accept refurbished units and therefore lose our original warranty coverage???? This is nuts.

This is clearly a terrible way to treat a customer and while I am no lawyer I would tend to believe it violates some sort of fair practice law?

I am not trying to start a lawsuit but I am curious what people think and has anyone forced SPrint to honro the fair term of the warranty?

I have seen a discussion of this in this thread including this:

Remedies.
    Handspring shall, at its discretion, either replace the product with a comparable product,
    repair the product, or refund the purchase price paid for the product. Replacement products may be new
    or reconditioned.

Warranty Period.
    The warranty period is one (1) year from your date of purchase. Handspring warrants
    any replaced or repaired product for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of shipment back to you, or
    through the end of the original warranty period, whichever is longer.

But this is from the link on this PalmOne page - see the link for for HandSPring devices purchased before Nov. 2003!

BUT this PalmOne warranty says under the hardware that all refurbished products are only covered for 90 days.

Net net is those of us who buoght after Nov. 2003 (majority of us) lose our warranty when we are forced to accept refurbushed products because the quality control is so poor on these.

I can tolerate (I guess) the replacement treadmill we are on but to then be robbed of your warranty BECAUSE the product is defective is too much.

Has anyone approached Palm /about this? Perhaps we need to draft a letter to Jeff or someone who gives a crap about the customers who paid a lot of $ for these?

Don't get me wrong - I love mine but this is simply not right..and the odds of needing that warranty are very high!!
    The original warranty may override the refurb one. The 90 days is probably to protect consumers from buying a refurb or receiving one near the end of the 12 months, which is DOA.
    The refurb warranty is for products "sold as such" so my take is that if you PURCHASE a refurb unit, you only get 90 days but if you get a refurb unit as a replacement, the warranty will continue to the end of the original warranty period.
  4.    #4  
    It looks like we are OK:

So Sprint positions this when they give u the refurb as you only have 90 days. But closer reading of the wrranty shows this under Exclusive Remedies:

Palm warrants any replaced or repaired product, part or software for a period of ninety (90) days from shipment, or
    through the end of the original warranty, whichever is longer.

So while they may choose to say it is 90 days the writen warranty they provide says otherwise.

Anyone run into this issue after the 90 days and what was the outcome?