View Poll Results: Are you happy with your treo 600?

Voters
264. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy

253 95.83%
  • Unhappy

11 4.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm happy with my first and only Treo 600. Bought the day they were released by Handspring,no resets or drpped calls. I still have 16m free and looking for new software.I do have a small problem with vibration but seldom need
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Gchomuk,

"Peolpe who cannot handle the pain of technology should...." Strong words don't you think, gchomuk?.

Yes. Tech problems are always going to exist in a world where technological growth is w/out some form of failure. However, should that failure come at the cost to consumers who are willing under a free and open market system, to expect, at least, a product that is undeniably defected beyond all senses or means of the word... acceptable. God , I hope the CEO of Treo/Handspring reads my issue.
    zdnet should report this poll.
    No device is perfect, But the T6 is an excellent balance.
    Granted there have been some bad units however they have received replacements correct?
    I beleive that ** IF ** the T6 was as bad as some repeatedly state then T/C would be flooded with complaints. I don't see this when I scan the post.
    Most people are very happy and the Majority of complaints are related to Software APPS, Not the T600.
    I hope you unhappy 4.58% finally end up with a good working unit because my six months with this baby have been a joy!
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    P.S. If the T600 were perfect what would we have to talk about on T/C??
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I love mine. 3 things in one small package. I came from a Palm i705. I liked it too, but this is MUCH better.

Justin
    > zdnet should report this poll...

Certainly it shouldn't be ignored totally. Zdnet should also report on the attempt to bias the results with the warning that the poll results would be publically available (Duh...). That was a cute touch. Here's how an unbiased poll looks:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=47146

Giggle.

====

Editted to add the unbiased poll link showing that one who is simply trying to get straight-forward poll results without an attempt to bias those results right up front does it. Note that the added-link poll is actually incorrect AFTER the fact - those who responded to that poll but LATER had TREO problems could not update their answer.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 05/13/2004 at 06:19 AM.
  7. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Note that the added-link poll is actually incorrect AFTER the fact - those who responded to that poll but LATER had TREO problems could not update their answer.
    Oh, puh-lease! Quit reaching, dude. Sheesh.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. One unit that has it all. This can only get better. A longer, lasting battery; a better screen resolution; maybe making the Treo thinner. I am sticking with Treo from now on.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    > zdnet should report this poll...

Here's how an unbiased poll looks:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=47146
    The two polls are NOT mutually exclusive. I myself are on my 3rd Treo 600 replacement, and I'm still very happy and satisfied with it. If there were any alternatives out there that had comparable utility, I might switch for better quality control, but for the moment, the Treo is ONLY device that meets my needs and I'll keep replacing it as long as it keeps breaking.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Treo. Granted this is my third one in about seven months, but still ... I love this thing!! Such a fabulous device. Sure it's larger than the typical cell phone but it can do soooooo much more!! And it beats carrying around separate devices, once you go converged you'll go back
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    There are 3 people in my office who have Treo 600's Each of us about 4 months and we are all very happy.

2 of us are running 3.04, the other guy is running 2.06

I had a reset during SMS lookup problem, but it was Microsoft caused by outlook contact database.
    I really wanted to love the Treo, and at times I do. I love the keyboard, it's great for IM and email, there's a ton of software....

But, the fact that there's no way to fully lock all of the buttons when the phone is in my pocket or backpack is a huge problem. The phone will answer a call with the slightest touch against a button. Huge oversight.

The crappy battery life is an issue. I get maybe 2 hours talk time, and maybe 12 hours on standby before it's fully drained.

On top of that, it seems to have a new problem where it's unable to find the Sprint Network in places where I used to have a full five bars on the display.

I'm going to replace it using my insurance, but it's going, I just can't stand the fact that I miss calls and messages due to the phone accidentally answering calls.
  13. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonuniform
    I'm going to replace it using my insurance, but it's going, I just can't stand the fact that I miss calls and messages due to the phone accidentally answering calls.
    You do know that there are apps that you can use to prevent the auto answer from happening, right? Do a search. I can't remember the names off the top of my head.
    I guess the other poll should be: How many of you are happy/satisfied with PalmOne? I read the posts of people who have replaced multiple times but still say their happy. I immediately think of drug dealers (palm one) and junkies (us). We don't necessarily like them, but they're the only ones that got what we need.

C
    No phone even comes close to the Treo 600 in features and extensibility. The PPC phones are a pain to use IMHO. I love my T600 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    The two polls are NOT mutually exclusive. I myself are on my 3rd Treo 600 replacement, and I'm still very happy and satisfied with it. If there were any alternatives out there that had comparable utility, I might switch for better quality control, but for the moment, the Treo is ONLY device that meets my needs and I'll keep replacing it as long as it keeps breaking.

freaky.

i was going to post the exact message.

Im also on my third and love everyone of them, but this one i love the most.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    <bump>

Figure I should bump this thread since all the negators are posting again...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The only way i get rid of my treo is if they come out with an upgraded treo.
    Will never go back to a conventional phone on my hip and a pda in my pocket.Those days are over.

Fred
    Unfortunatly at this point we are now 1 out of 3 with a problem. PalmOne seems (at least so far) to be doing a good job of getting a replacement to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhawley
    There are 3 people in my office who have Treo 600's Each of us about 4 months and we are all very happy.

2 of us are running 3.04, the other guy is running 2.06

I had a reset during SMS lookup problem, but it was Microsoft caused by outlook contact database.
    Deliriously happy, thank you very much for asking.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast