Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where can the MIDletHQ application be found? It was not part of the standard set-up, and I've searched Google and major software sites for the program without finding it?

If you have the MIDletHQ program I assume you do not need other JVM programs installed, like the WebSphere Micro Environment, and you should be able to run .jad/.jar files directly from the device?

Anyone know if a run-time environment with for instance implementations similar to Nokia work, so you can run midlets that are adapted to Nokias on the Treo 600?
    what i found very weird about this websphere thing...is the following: If when you are filling out the form say this is the first time installation..they'll charge you...if its an upgrade its free...and well the upgrade works perfectly fine..(ie its a stand alone upgrade, not previous version specific)
    Ya, I went back and changed my reply to say I owned a T3 and it gave me the download for free. Works just fine on the Treo, it's not device specific.

Mike
    yeah eh...kinda stupid...but it saved me 5.99 USD
    I have been looking to get a game called Dark Tower on my Palm since my days with the Prism. I have sent numerous emails to Palm One with no response so any help would be appreciated.

There are Java and Flash versions of the game available here: http://www.well-of-souls.com/tower/dt_about.htm. The game was a classic board game from the early 1980's and shouldn't take an excessive amount of processing power to run.

Could someone please let me know if Java for the Treo 600 will run any of these?
    Hi !

Do you guys have any news about this problem.
    I would like to be able to load Java applets such as the ones avaialable on some banking sites.
    Is there any palm browser out there that would allow me to do this.
    I'm working on a treo 600.

I'm pretty sure this feature is available on PocketPC.

Thanks for your help.
    Good topic. We just packaged our game Age of Fantasy into a prc format, but not sure if it will run on either Treo 600 or Treo 650. Age of Fantasy is a mobile MMORPG written in J2ME. If anyone is interested they can download from http://www.ageoffantasy.com/palm/aof.prc and test it.
    It needs a data connection like MEdia Net to connect to the game server. It also needs Webphere Java Runtime which you can download from http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/
    For testing you can use Username A and Password A. If anyone needs a free game account for testing please email me at support@panasiagames.com. We would appreciate if if you let us know the result by posting here or emailing us
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    This looks like an interesting game. It seems to work although I did not register for an account and get that far, but everything else seems to run and not hang.
    Thanks Noahoa. How's the keys. Do they work? We tested it on a Treo 650 Simulator. They keys are different on the Simulator from the real ones. By the way, you can use the Username A and Password A for testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    Yeah, and the games suck.
    Some games suck and some other don't. Ymmv. Also there's lots of good value java apps like Midcast, webviewer etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jtklepp
    Where can the MIDletHQ application be found? It was not part of the standard set-up, and I've searched Google and major software sites for the program without finding it?

If you have the MIDletHQ program I assume you do not need other JVM programs installed, like the WebSphere Micro Environment, and you should be able to run .jad/.jar files directly from the device?

Anyone know if a run-time environment with for instance implementations similar to Nokia work, so you can run midlets that are adapted to Nokias on the Treo 600?

Okay first of all, the midlet HQ app is PART of the java plugin. You have to install the plugin to get the HQ app.

Secondly, finding out which midlets work and don't work is hit or miss. Sometime nokia specific midlets will work, and other times it will not. I posted a bunch of free java games/midlets below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ree+java+games

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12