Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    Also, note that I have not tested yet how does the splash behave if you receive phone call when Treo is off. In the next version I will make sure that the splash doesn't show up in such case.
    Nachon:

My Treo resets when Power-on splash is enabled. I'm running Lightwave and have mp3s and images assigned to callers. When I receive a call I see the image of the caller (and the mp3 starts) for about 1 second and then the phone resets. If I unselect the Power-on splash option (with every other option selected), the call is received without a problem.

Hope this helps.
    limoman, thanks for the feedback, I suspected something like this might happen. The program most probably will also interfere with calls (in and out) when the battery is low. It should be an easy fix and I will upload a new version later today. The new version will also display the external card usage.
    Also, I am working on 3 separate battery alarm levels, currently they will be fixed at 50%, 30% and 10%, but this might not be ready today.
    The same applies for the "critical-only" mode of the power-on splash - most probably it will be available tomorrow.
  3.    #23  
    When I started the thread, I was looking for an app that would be transparent and silent until it needed to wake up and alert me to the status of my battery and memory. i didnt want it to always pop up.

For instance, I wanted an app where I could set maybe a percentage as a parameter as a trigger for an alert- battery is below 25% (a set parameter), main memory is below 10% (set) and external memory is below 10% (set).

The splash is too much. I am a management by exception kind of person. Dont tell me until I need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    When I started the thread, I was looking for an app that would be transparent and silent until it needed to wake up and alert me to the status of my battery and memory. i didnt want it to always pop up.

For instance, I wanted an app where I could set maybe a percentage as a parameter as a trigger for an alert- battery is below 25% (a set parameter), main memory is below 10% (set) and external memory is below 10% (set).

The splash is too much. I am a management by exception kind of person. Dont tell me until I need to know.
    Hey experiment626, thanks for the feedback, I always look forward to improving my software. :-) I too believe that one should not be shown what one doesn't want to see, so in all of my programs you can disable the functions that you don't want. The power-on splash and the battery alarm are independent functions, so if you disable the power-on splash in the settings, the program will be invisible and will alert you only when the battery drops below certain level (currently fixed at 10%).
    The power-on splash is something, which I implemented for myself and as a PalmOS programming experiment.

This is a work in early stage - in the next versions it will be possible to specify the alarm levels (actually up to 3 different alarm levels for each parameter, that can be independently acknowledged) and also to have alarms based on memory/external card levels. Also, I plan to make the alarms show only the relevant information, so that it is easy to figure out what caused them.
    Please stay tuned to the thread. :-)
    Last edited by nachon; 05/24/2004 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
    sounds good cant wait for the new version
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    hey, just a quick update on the progress - it takes me some more time than I anticipated, thus, I think that the next version will be ready tomorrow evening. I just want to make sure that all alarms are handled and acknowledged properly if they happen concurently.
    Note that the intelligent alarm splash (showing only the relevant information) will not be available in the next release.
    Also, note that I have not tested yet how does the splash behave if you receive phone call when Treo is off. In the next version I will make sure that the splash doesn't show up in such case.
    I think it doesn't like receiving phonecalls! I Tried it with Lightwav enabled and disabled: reset on incoming call.
    stynos, you are absolutely correct - this has been fixed in the upcoming release - the alarm splashes will be disabled in case there is a phone call when the time to show them comes.

It is time to get some sleep now. :-) The next version will be available in about 15-20 hours.
    Sleep well! Does that mean you will be sleeping for 15-20 hours?
    thanks, I didn't sleep for 15 hours, although it seems that I need even more than that. ;-)
    The work on the program will resume in 6-7 hours, when I come back from work. :-)
    well, this is unacceptable! you expect us to let you sleep and work? next you'll want to eat! unbelievable!
    lol.
    Don't worry - eating is not a problem - I can eat and work on Treo applications at the same time. I can also be at work and work on Treo applications at the same time, but my boss kinda looks bad at it - I wonder why ???
    Hey, attached is the "long promissed" new release of the notification program, with the following modifications:
    1. The alarm should no longer be a problem during phone calls - in such case only sound and vibration will be executed, but the splash screen will not show up. A side effect from this is that if you have set alarms without sound and vibration, then you will not be notified until you end the conversation.
    2. It is possible to set up to 4 independent alarms, with your choice of battery, memory, or card trigger, with user-defined trigger levels of 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50% remaining capacity. You can set multiple alarms for the same parameter (battery, etc.), each with different level and alarm notification options.
    3. The splash in this version will show the name and the available memory of the 1st volume (ONLY) on your expansion card.

Remaining to finish:
    1. The splash display needs to be fixed - some of the values need to be aligned and I plan to use more color to show what is currently causing an alarm and which alarms have been acknowledged.
    2. I still have not implemented the inteligent alarm splash, which will show you only the alarms that have been triggered.
    3. The sound and vibration for alarms are optional, but the splash will always be shown - otherwise it is not possible to acknowledge the alarm and Treo will simply keep on nagging you, which is not nice.
    4. The duration of the splash is not yet configurable.
    5. Make any key press dismiss the splash screen before it is autoclosed.

Remarks:
    1. If you don't want to see the power-on splash you can disable it. In such case, a power-on splash will be shown ONLY if there is an unacknowledged alarm.
    2. Pressing the "Acknowledge" button will acknowledge all currently triggered alarms. If you miss the time when the splash is shown and it closes automatically, your next opportunity to acknowledge the alarms will be after about 5 minutes. You can also turn off and on the screen and use the power-on splash to acknowledge the alarm.
    3. If you make any changes to the program settings by starting the main program, all state will be reset, the main consequence will be that your acknowledges to alarms will be removed and you will have to acknowledge them again when they are triggered.
    4. Since there are no operating system notifications about these events, the program will wake up itself 1 minute after it has been started and then every 30 minutes to check the current state for alarm triggers. After at least one alarm has been triggered, the program will update its state and nag you every 5 minutes, until you acknowledge the current alarms, after which it will keep on checking every 30 minutes for new alarms.
    5. The easiest way to test the program is to fill your expansion card or the Treo memory with junk and set alarms for it.

Please enjoy this version responsibly and be forewarned, that there might be some lingering errors, problems or things you don't like. :-) As always, your bug reports, comments, suggestions, feature requests and donations are appreciated.
    Last edited by nachon; 05/25/2004 at 10:43 PM. Reason: deleted the attachment - new version below
    nachon, thanks for the app. I can't download the file with Blazer. says file type not recognized. Anyone else?
    newtreouser, this seems to be a problem of treocentral.com - I have had the same problem when I tried to download from my Treo. try this URL:

http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/P600SA.prc
    Last edited by nachon; 05/25/2004 at 10:34 PM. Reason: changed url
    btw, I just noticed that even after the alarms have been acknowledged, the screen will still turn on once more. It will show the power-on splash if it is enabled or your last program. I will fix that shortly.
    Last edited by nachon; 05/25/2004 at 09:34 PM.
    here is the updated version, which fixes the above mentioned issue. If you are running a previous version, you MUST delete it before installing the new one, because I changed the program name.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    hmm, in this version it seems that the battery alarm doesn't work.

update:
    actually, the problem is that all alarm trigger levels are with 10% lower than the selected, thus 50% is actualy 40% and my battery is still over 40% charged. I will test the updated version and will post it later today.
    Last edited by nachon; 05/26/2004 at 04:40 AM. Reason: update
    i did not notice this but thats becuase my batt did not frop down below 90 today. god thats good a whole day of use and still got90
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    From what I've been reading on these forums, the MIME type of the prc must be correctly set. So, is Treocentral somehow changing the MIME type of your prc?

newtreouser, this seems to be a problem of treocentral.com - I have had the same problem when I tried to download from my Treo. try this URL:

http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/P600SA.prc
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast