Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
       #1  
    Thought I would share an animated GIF caller ID I made for use with LightWav. Perhaps other people will post theirs as well.

    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #2  
    what do you use to make them? i would like to use clips of videos to make an animated gif
  3. #3  
    Right on... those are pretty cool. I'd share mine but the one I use is far from appropriate. If you read my thread way back in the day about having pr0n play when I get a phone call you'll understand. Been playing around with Adobe Premiere and ripping some VOBs off DVD's I own to make some cool clips. Works pretty well as long as you keep them under 100kb or so.

    Sin,
    -Paul
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by antichristpm
    Right on... those are pretty cool. I'd share mine but the one I use is far from appropriate. If you read my thread way back in the day about having pr0n play when I get a phone call you'll understand. Been playing around with Adobe Premiere and ripping some VOBs off DVD's I own to make some cool clips. Works pretty well as long as you keep them under 100kb or so.

    Sin,
    -Paul
    if you are a registered user send us email get the a new animGif. it fixes the centering problem. if you have gif on the card it can be as big as you like eg: over 300K. for ram it must be less than 64K.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5. #5  
    The question I have has probably been posted here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to make an animated gif for the wallpaper that loops continually? To give you an idea of what I mean, if you are a matrix fan (which I'm not, but that's neither here nor there) an aminated wallpaper of the green data continually falling would be cool...or at least until the Treo powers off to sleep mode.
  6. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
       #6  
    I use Corel PhotoPaint to create the GIFs. As for a looping background, I would love to find something that does that. ToySoft?
  7. #7  
    There are numerous free and/or cheap "GIF editors" that allow setting the looping variable as desired, e.g. "WWW GIF Editor"

    You might also want to look into generic image editors as well.

    A quick query on ask.com returns tons of hits.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 05/16/2004 at 10:49 AM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    The question I have has probably been posted here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to make an animated gif for the wallpaper that loops continually? To give you an idea of what I mean, if you are a matrix fan (which I'm not, but that's neither here nor there) an aminated wallpaper of the green data continually falling would be cool...or at least until the Treo powers off to sleep mode.
    Sorry but JPG is the only format that can be used for that. However that would be cool...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Sorry but JPG is the only format that can be used for that. However that would be cool...
    Hehhe... Give you guys a little and you ask for the world.

    I now announce the release of gifStartup. Play any gif animation or gif picture when you turn on and off your palm. optionally play a startup wave file. Note: not all gif animations are compatible with lowres screens. if this happens you can easily edit the gif and save it to lowres with a gif editor.

    get it now at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  10. #10  
    You love it, and you know it! We pose ideas for cool new things for our Treo600, you then turn thoes ideas into apps. You make money and you do not need to come up with the ideas. You do have to do all the coding tho, so you do earn every penny! And at only $11.00, I may get it...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    You love it, and you know it! We pose ideas for cool new things for our Treo600, you then turn thoes ideas into apps. You make money and you do not need to come up with the ideas. You do have to do all the coding tho, so you do earn every penny! And at only $11.00, I may get it...
    The idea of gifStartup was not from contributors at TC. We have developed gifStartup for awhile now and was in beta until now.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  12. #12  
    Smiley,

    You might want to fix advertisement in your signature:

    What mp3/wav ringtones and record motion video on your Treo600? visit www.toysoft.ca

    I think you meant to say Want
  13. #13  
    OK That means that we all want the app, just as it comes out of development. OK so then it si just really good timing! LOL
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Hehhe... Give you guys a little and you ask for the world. Get it now at www.toysoft.ca
    Thanks much!
  15. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
       #15  
    While cool, I would much prefer an animated Phone application wallpaper like most modern phones. You know, those non-smart phones that have animated wallpapers of butterflies or hot-air balloons. Those people look at my wallpaper and go, "Oh. It isn't moving. Blah." They don't see that I can type faster than anyone on a regular phone, play DivX movies or connect to real email accounts. They only see that my stinkin' wallpaper does not blink annoyingly.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot
    While cool, I would much prefer an animated Phone application wallpaper like most modern phones. You know, those non-smart phones that have animated wallpapers of butterflies or hot-air balloons. Those people look at my wallpaper and go, "Oh. It isn't moving. Blah." They don't see that I can type faster than anyone on a regular phone, play DivX movies or connect to real email accounts. They only see that my stinkin' wallpaper does not blink annoyingly.

    It is cool to have animated startup screens. didn't you read the previous msgs? goto www.toysoft.ca and download gifStartup which will let you have animated gif when you turn on and off your palm.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  17. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    It is cool to have animated startup screens. didn't you read the previous msgs? goto www.toysoft.ca and download gifStartup which will let you have animated gif when you turn on and off your palm.
    I don't know about you, but when I turn on my Treo it is because I want it ON. Not because I want to watch a GIF dance.

    Wasn't this functionality you were originally building into LightWav? I remember you had startup and shutdown functions on some of the screens that weren't yet active. This functionality belongs in LightWav. Then you could also attach a sound to the startup and shutdown actions as well from a central interface.

    I would be much more interested in animating the wallpaper that shows up when you are in the phone application, Not a startup and shutdown screen.

    And yes, I read the other messages. Did you read all of the messages that said "Wallpaper" and not "start up"?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot
    I don't know about you, but when I turn on my Treo it is because I want it ON. Not because I want to watch a GIF dance.
    Some people like to toy out their phones. I just read an article that in Japan they are testing Cell Phones with Keriokie features. You connect it to your TV and you sing along with songs you can download off of the net.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot
    Wasn't this functionality you were originally building into LightWav? I remember you had startup and shutdown functions on some of the screens that weren't yet active. This functionality belongs in LightWav. Then you could also attach a sound to the startup and shutdown actions as well from a central interface.
    I do not really care, LightWav does MORE than it originally advertised! He added Animated Caller ID, and is working on allowing JPG files for the Caller ID... Think about it, no more 50 ID limit... AND to top it off the images can be stored on the MEMORY CARD saving you pretious main memory.

    To top it off the new app is ONLY $11.00usd.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot
    I would be much more interested in animating the wallpaper that shows up when you are in the phone application, Not a startup and shutdown screen.
    Animated wallpaper would kick ****... Maybe SOMEBODY is going to try and tackle this...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Some people like to toy out their phones. I just read an article that in Japan they are testing Cell Phones with Keriokie features. You connect it to your TV and you sing along with songs you can download off of the net.



    I do not really care, LightWav does MORE than it originally advertised! He added Animated Caller ID, and is working on allowing JPG files for the Caller ID... Think about it, no more 50 ID limit... AND to top it off the images can be stored on the MEMORY CARD saving you pretious main memory.

    To top it off the new app is ONLY $11.00usd.



    Animated wallpaper would kick ****... Maybe SOMEBODY is going to try and tackle this...
    ahhhh!!! i see.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot
    Thought I would share an animated GIF caller ID I made for use with LightWav. Perhaps other people will post theirs as well.

    Enjoy!
    Hey Kamalot,
    I love your Gifs but neither one of them worked on my Treo600 with LightWav (demo).
    Is there a reason for it?
    Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions