1.    #1  
    Thinking I could improve the amount of vibration from the vibrator motor I put some solder on the rotor:-). Although this improved the osolations a little I must have cooked the motor because it only works intermitantly now or if I shake the phone to get it started. I put a drop of lube on it but still no good.

Anyone have ideas where I can buy another vibrator motor? Pulled the one out of my old nokia but it's a bit big and I don't really want to modify the plastic to fit it (and now I find my room mates brother walked off with the nokia one:0).

Would be nice to be able to put a stronger motor in as I've missed so many calls walking to work with it in my pocket people think I'm avoiding them. I'm tone deaf so don't normally hear it over the traffic noise. The phone has been a little dissapointing in this respect.
    Remove the solder? Hot iron and a suction gun might fix it
    I too would like a better vibrator, but I'm not about to start playing Dr. Frankenstein with a $600 phone.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I always feel the rumble it might just because i always keep it close to me, i not losing my baby.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Toooo... much.... room... for... VIBRATOR... jokes... MUST.... RESIST
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    yeah me too...
    The bad news is some freaky deaky dude will search for the word "Vibrator" on the internet and end up in our conference. That is not cool. ;-0
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by djs_tx
    Remove the solder? Hot iron and a suction gun might fix it
    done that, didn't fix it, must have cooked part of it, will use glue next time:-).
    you might wanna check out mobile stores like mobiletech24.de to find some replacement. I don't think they will have the treo one, but they should have one that fits it
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driddle
    The bad news is some freaky deaky dude will search for the word "Vibrator" on the internet and end up in our conference. That is not cool. ;-0
    dont u mean some freaky girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwibum
    done that, didn't fix it, must have cooked part of it, will use glue next time:-).
    My suggestion, in the future, is don't solder things that don't need soldering... or just learn how to solder correctly.

If you burnt the motor, you weren't doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    I always feel the rumble it might just because i always keep it close to me, i not losing my baby.
    I put it in my pants pocket, and a snot rag so its gets pushed towards my leg.... And I can miss 9 or 15 vibrations in Chatter with ease. (Even in the metal case) My StarTac wasn't any better. My Skytel pager, though, THATS a nice one!