1.    #1  
    I need to move sensitive information via a treo device. Is there an application that will provide sufficient security for such activities. For the most part the data would be viewed via a web viewer. Qureries would be made thru the Treo, the data would be manipulated on a remote server, and the results again viewed by the treo.

I am thinking that security similar to that used in ATM applications would be sufficient. Any suggestions as to specific security apps or a direction for further searching would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Bill...
    If I understand you correctly it sounds like you are most worried about the transmission of data. The web browser supports SSL which is considered fairly secure. If you want more security or are transmitting with other software, perhaps a VPN would be best. I havent done VPN on the Treo yet but will soon. Off hand I know of 2, Movian and Mergic. Last I checked Mergic was the only one that worked, but is limited to PPTP.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mixon
    Any suggestions as to specific security apps or a direction for further searching would be appreciated.
    I agree with the above. Also, if you MUST save sensitive information on your Treo (or any other mobile device then I would try something like PDA Defense. That is the program that I use. Key things that it includes are: 128-bit encryption and data-bit wipe with a specified number of incorrect passwords. There are others and I am sure that you will receive more suggestions.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    The device will only view the remote server via some sort of browser. I don't expect to be downloading any data.

Thanks,

Bill...
    I also use PDA Defense and am confident in the security it provides. If you really want to be secure you should consider what information would be on the device, even if you are just using a remote viewer. The server's address and connection information is in there among other things. Add that to the personal contact information and a hacker has plenty.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989