Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I have the Windows Media Player and RealOne player on my PC. I own Pocket Tunes and I have a copy of the RealOne PRC (not installed on Treo). Most of the CD's I have copied to my PC appear to be in the RealOne player format.

My preferred software for listening to music is Pocket Tunes.

I drag and drop music files into the Palm installer and they are set to go to the SD card. When I hotsync, the files are not installed on the SD card because ther's no software on the Treo to open it (only have Pocket Tunes on treo).

Is there a way to play RealOne files using Pocket Tunes or do I have to go copy all my CD's onto my machine again using Windows Media Player?

Also how easy is it to uninstall RealOne Player from the PC as I find it rather annoying!

Grateful for any help.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Is there a way to play RealOne files using Pocket Tunes or do I have to go copy all my CD's onto my machine again using Windows Media Player?
    Pocket Tunes does not play RealOne files as far as I know. I use the free CD ripping program mentioned on the Pocket Tunes website...CDex. This will allow you to convert your CD's to MP3 files. Then you can listen to them using Pocket Tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Also how easy is it to uninstall RealOne Player from the PC as I find it rather annoying!
    If you go to the Menu you should find a "Uninstall RealOne Player" icon, or you can do it through the Control Panel. Not hard at all.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Hicks -

I have both pTunes and RealPlayer on my Treo.
    With everything loaded, Free Space = 19.2M of 23.8M

The programs are structured differently and can serve different needs.

In general I use pTunes.
    However: I have a "Slide Show" (Fotogather) and like to view it / show it with dramatic music.
    (At my age, we're talkin' Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson, etc.)

Turns out - pTunes is more resource intensive than RealPlayer.

My MP3s are 320kbps recorded from my CDs. So the music and images are resident on my Sandisk 512 Ultra II SD Card.

If I do my "Sound & Light Show" w/pTunes - it skips.

When I do this with RealPlayer it's perfect.

pTunes augments the "controls" program and I think this is where the issue stems from.

=========================================================

Both pTunes and RealPlayer will "see" and play whatever I load.

Other than the issue stated above, both work very well.

Again, I like pTunes more and use it as my MP3 Player (in general)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help guys.

I downloaded the CDex software but couldn't get it to work. Whilst playing about found out a way to do it that worked for me. Not quite text book tho!

I used RealOne player, converted the tracks to MP3 (using one of RealOnes configuration options) and then was able to transfer files to my Treo. Then I just deleted RealOne player from the phone. All files were then in MP3 and so were playable.

Thanks again- got me thinking.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Hey Hicks, why don't you just set your RealOne Player to save your CD's to MP3's instead of the RealOne Player format (that's how I have mine set). That way, when you save your CD's in the future you don't run into this problem again.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hey Hicks, why don't you just set your RealOne Player to save your CD's to MP3's instead of the RealOne Player format (that's how I have mine set). That way, when you save your CD's in the future you don't run into this problem again.
    Hi JoJo,

I've now set it to record future CD's in mp3. I've still got 432 tracks in RealOne format on my machine though- least I know how to convert them now- thanks chaps.

Hey JoJo - Got another hat? ~ Carl
    ArcBody
    ---------
    Hehehe. Yeah! You need it?
    ArcBody
    ---------
    Hehehe. Yeah! You need it?
    Always did / always will - YES
    ArcBody, I got rid of my hat already...your answer came to late...else i would have passed it on to you
    Hi thanks for your helps,i want to download realone for pocket pc,would you please guide me.

thanks
    sghazisharif