Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got my replacement, and the screen is SO much nicer without the saver. Will I be sorry if I don't put one on?

I have some from TreoCentral, btw.
    I use one now because of the posts I've read here about splotchy screens, etc. Someone claimed that Palmone stated something about using fingers on the screen causes some problems and that's not covered under warranty?

After reading that I bought boxwave. I agree it's niced without, but I use my finger alot with the Treo....I rarely use the stylus. The Boxwave isn't bad. So, yeah, I use it. I found it to be as advertise: Easy to install, remove, clean, and reuse. Just a little tricky keeping dust off the protector when changing it. Read the other threads for details.
    Ooh... he was talking about screen protectors!
    a screen saver is not the same as a screen protector. what are you referring to Mike Margolis?
    LOL.

I couldn't figure it out either. I was guessing wallpaper.
  6.    #6  
    Screen PROTECTOR. The mostly clear plastic thingy that cover your sceeen and SAVES it from scratches.
    Yes Boxwave is great. I like not having to worry about putting it in pockets with other things like headphones. It also helps a LOT with glare, especially when your outside! I remember it being darn near impossible to read the screen when outside without the Boxwave.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    And you will probably wish you had one if you do find a scratch on the screen. I use Boxwave. Still have the first one I applied back in November.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    You may want to look at the Martin Field brand of screen protectors. They are crystal clear in contrast to Boxwave and Brando. The Boxwave and Brando have a paper type texture which is some people perfer. The MF brand feel like the actual PDA screen.
    Yep, Brando and Boxwave are exactly the same product.

Martin Fields is the same as Brando and Boxwave minus the matte finish.
    I like my screen protectors from purplemoo.com. Very clear, thin, etc... Same feel as the screen. I always just throw my treo in my pocket, no case, so a screen protector is a must, I think. I'd hate to have a permanent scratch. But after about a month and a half of use, this protector is marked up where I tap most... the lower left corner to roll the dice in monopoly. :-/
    LOL I was totally lost on what this thread was initially about too... since so many phones actually have screensavers, I figured he meant the closest thing to that on the Treo...wallpaper! Hehheheh! Oh well

I use Boxwave myself.
    Heh, actually there are some screensavers for Palm/Treo. Saw a Matrix one a while back that would activate after a preset time when plugged in etc. Theres also a fishtank one IIRC. OK, now I wanna go play with one...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Cool Matrix Screensaver: http://www.handyent.com/matrix/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Margolis
    Just got my replacement, and the screen is SO much nicer without the saver. Will I be sorry if I don't put one on?

I have some from TreoCentral, btw.
    I have never used a screen saver and my screen is just fine.. of course I have also had to return my phone 3 times for other problems so who knows ... I am kidding> Unless you live at the beach (or other sandy places?) I believe it will be safe not to use one... and I ALWAYS touch my screen (sounds so perverse) and I have not had a single problem.. I clean it with windex and a paper towel every once in a while
    Paper towel?!? How cruel.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I rarely use a stylus or my finger, I use the nav button, so I don't use a screen protector anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Margolis
    Screen PROTECTOR. The mostly clear plastic thingy that cover your sceeen and SAVES it from scratches.
    hence called screen protector. screen saver is the thing that moves around on your monitor when your PC is inactive to prevent pixel burn on the monitor.
    talk abt screen saver, is there any problem taht have screen saver on the phone? sort of like Sony Ericsson phone where it can display time and date..

Thanks
    this thread seemed interested .. i felt like i was missing something i.e. a screensaver on my treo.
    Anyway, i keep my treo in my pocket and uses Boxwave screenprotector. I'm happy about the way they work, they don't spoil the screen and keep it scratch-free. I even prefer the feel of the stylus on the boxwave over the unprotected screen.
    water created humans to carry it up hills
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast