Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Having said all that...
    I have a problem that is definitely the Treo600's.
    I cannot send SMS period.
    I can receive, but I can't send. It gives me an error everytime I try.
    Yet if I take my chip and put it in my old phone I CAN send SMS.
    My service provider (I live in the Caribbean) don't know what's wrong.
    The settings (for the SMS number) is correct...
    I don't know what to do...it sucks when people send you SMS's and you can't answer them back or haver to call cause you can't SMS.

Anyone have had this problem?
    Is there a solution?
    Do I need to change some setting?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You can send international sms on the Sprint Treo600 if you know the email gateway of the recipient mobile phone. This way, I've been able to send/receive sms via my friends in UK and India for some time...
    Hey gfunkmagic,
    How did you go about finding the email gateway for mobile phones in England? I'm trying to send sms from my sprint phone to a t-moble phone in England. but I don't know the email gateway for T-mobile. Can you help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Hey gfunkmagic,
    How did you go about finding the email gateway for mobile phones in England? I'm trying to send sms from my sprint phone to a t-moble phone in England. but I don't know the email gateway for T-mobile. Can you help me out?

Sorry, I don't know the email gateway of Tmo in the UK. You can probably find it somewhere on the web though...

IMO, the easiest solution would be if the recipient to whom you are trying to send the sms would send a sms so you can find out their sms gateway. Just ask the person in the UK to send an sms to:

"your phone number"@messaging.sprintpcs.com

The sms gateway, assuming the Tmo supports this in the UK, will be listed in the From section. Good luck...

Edit: I just found out the email gateway for Tmo in North America is T-Mobile: @tmomail.net. I'm assuming it may be something similar in the UK. FYI, here's is a nice tutorial on intercarrier sms solutions for NA explaining how email gateways work:

http://www.meetmyattorney.com/cellul...es/000153.html

Hopefully, Tmo supports this in the UK...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/16/2004 at 09:45 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    jo jo... did you ever get it to work? i am having trouble sending here in ireland on vodafone. i'm getting 'error occurred (77) when sending this message'.
    1. Check to make sure the country you're SMSing to is listed in your wireless service provider's international SMS list.
    2. Make sure the number is +011(areacode)(number)
    I had an earlier problems similar to the one Jojo was mentioning with my Nokia 9210i, the issue was that, I was never able to reply to an SMS. I could only create a new SMS.
    As I understand, we could either send the sms back using the 'reply' SMS center identified in the SMS message or using your phones SMS Center.. Some cases, the SMS center information in the incoming messages will not work with your carrier.. you need to use your own SMS Center.. I think.. Jojos network provider also send the details of the SMS Center of the incoming message, which Treo uses to send back the message..
    The problem could be both from Treo as will as network provider.. Nokia 9210i has the option of changing the SMS Center detail based on your preferece..

All said.. the above is just my theory.. I dont have any thing to back it up though..
    Sometimes you receive from carriers the whole phone number, and to send SMS, you need different format of dialing number. For example you may receive a 9 or 12 digit number on receiving message, and to send a valid SMS you will need to enter only the last eight digits.

Maybe this trick can work (worked for me once):

If you have an email account from your carrier, try to send an sms to email as follows:

TO: youremail@yourcarrier.xxx.xx instead of number
    Text: any

Sometimes the SMSC allows SMS to internal net, and filters to outside. The important thing is to verify if received the email the FROM address.
    ex:

The XXXXXXXX will be the format of number to send SMS in that carrier from your Treo.

Hope that this works!!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i still never got SMS working! i am trying to send/recieve to singapore on Sprint.. argh
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Having said all that...
    I have a problem that is definitely the Treo600's.
    I cannot send SMS period.
    I can receive, but I can't send. It gives me an error everytime I try.
    Yet if I take my chip and put it in my old phone I CAN send SMS.
    My service provider (I live in the Caribbean) don't know what's wrong.
    The settings (for the SMS number) is correct...
    I don't know what to do...it sucks when people send you SMS's and you can't answer them back or haver to call cause you can't SMS.

Anyone have had this problem?
    Is there a solution?
    Do I need to change some setting?

Well...it's either your Treo or your provider. When I visited you on Wednesday I was roaming with my GSM Treo on your provider and had no problem sending sms as well as receiving. (Unless there are multiple providers on the island...never actually looked, but if that's the case, then the problem is definitely your provider.)

BTW, we had a lovely time meeting you - thank you again for showing us your beautiful island.
    Girl..if you only knew that my boyfriend asked me what provider were you roaming with and I just didn't have the sense of mind to ask you.

The problem I think must be my phone or something...or my dead phone..(for those of you who have not heard it's dead..

I will see when I get the other one.

We only have two GSM service providers...
    I guess I will have to get a chip from someone in the other service to test it out.

Also, I cannot send new or reply to SMS...
    So my problem is not just for replies.
    I can do nothing with SMS except receive them.

I will see...when I get my new baby (I hope very soon...I can't stand it any longer).
    That T68i sure feels light in my hand..

It was great having you and your family...you're welcome back any time
    I hope you get your baby replaced soon. Be nice if it were as simple as changing providers to access full sms!
    Sprint PCS has a program called SprintPCS international (you have to pay $4/mo. ).. IF I go with this program, would I be able to send SMS internationally? will they charge me by the minute or they will count it as part of the SMS texting (I'm on Vision Premium Pack plan = SMS is unlimited)??

Any help would be greatly appreciated =D
    I've never a problem with sms even with roaming with my Orange UK Treo as long as the destination mobile number was set up in intenternational format ie for UK +44 etc.

Last week had lots of text exchange with uk, pakistan, and even with my mum in Italy (rome, siena etc) while travelling in karachi.
    I found this on the sprint website:
    http://www.sprintpcs.com/support/help/help204.html
    Mainly this:

Sending SMS Text Messages to International Carriers
    International Carriers

You can send SMS messages to these international carriers:
    Country Carrier
    Argentina Movicom (BellSouth)
    Bermuda Bermuda Digital
    Canada Bell Mobility
    Microcell Telecommunications
    Rogers AT&T
    Telus Mobility
    Saskatchewan Telecom (Sasktel)
    MTS Communications
    Chile BellSouth Comunicaciones
    China China Mobile
    Colombia BellSouth Colombia
    Dominican Republic CODETEL
    Ecuador BellSouth Ecuador
    Guam Hafatel
    Guatemala BellSouth Guatemala
    Hong Kong Sunday
    Peoples
    Mexico Iusacell
    Telefonica Mexico
    Nextel Mexico
    Panama BellSouth de Panama
    Peru BellSouth Peru
    TIM Peru
    Telefonica Peru
    Nextel Peru
    Philippines Globe
    Smart
    Saipan Verizon Pacifica
    UK T-Mobile UK
    Uruguay Movicom (BellSouth)
    Venezuela Telcel (BellSouth)
    Movilnet

Anybody knows where can I get more info on how to do it?

Thanks

Al
    Treolo I just posted this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81361

I found it over at PDAphonehome.com. It might help.
    This is great news. I just corresponded via SMS with a cousin in the Philippines!!! Works just dandy. Glad I still visit this forum on occasion. Made my day!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I too just sent and received a text from relatives in the Philippines.
    wow. I had no idea there are two some filipinos/filipinas in this forum. This is great

Yeah I'm from the philippines.. I just got back from there last week.. wanted to return in two years.. woot woot
    so does this mean i can travel with my phone and still send and recieve sms messages?(jamacia, mexico etc.) if i was in mexico would i have to use a different gateway than if i was in the states? just wondering
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12