Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiscer
    It's almost unheard of not to give customers a free upgrade to a new release within the first year of their license. They must be confusing themselves with Oracle if they think they can have this kind of policy and sell to the corporate market which seems to be one of their bigger potential markets.

oh yeah microsoft gives free upgrades to their software.

apple does too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Well if they wait until June, then Agendus Mail 4 (with IMAP) should hopefully be out (although the beta has stalled a bit) and then people with Agendus Standard get a much cheaper IMAP and POP3 email program.....

My problem with snappermail is that it is a real nice looking product on the Treo 600, looks a lot beta than Agendus Mail 3 and the current 4.0 beta, BUT it is EXTREMELY overpriced.....
    I hate paying for upgrades too and I'm not sure I'll need the extra features from snappermail 2 to warrant paying the fee. However, if you buy a new car and then 2 months later a new version comes out with better features and more kit do you honestly expect to be able to go back to the garage and demand the new one free ?? Having said that, the upgrade fee for me will be $20 which I think is a lot and would actually almost buy me a couple of new apps I've been looking at recently...oh what to do ??
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    I feel a bit uncomfortable chiming in here about release dates, but I will say that implementing IMAP isn't a trivial task. Obviously, I don't know what their problem is, but I can imagine a whole slew of them...Marc
    While we have been waiting for awhile for the next Chatter update, we have yet to spend more then a year waiting as we have for Snappermail. I got a lot of flack when I said "No way, believe it when I see it..." for the Snappermail 2.0 upgrade in first quarter. I'm sure IMAP is hard to implement, but if they don't have a handle on it they should either abandon it or quit saying it's
    this month.

Dunc
    My guess is the people are Snappermail will continue jacking us around.

We're stupid enough to put up with it and believe there BS.
    Seriously, now. Why would they do that intentionally? It makes no sense.

Marc
    they announced version 2.0 months ago, but there's no sign of it. maybe beta users are experiencing problems that are requiring extended efforts to fix. otherwise, I can't imagine what is taking so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Seriously, now. Why would they do that intentionally? It makes no sense.

Marc
    I'd have to agree...they already royally screwed up by announcing the new release and then missing their planned release timeframe. Their problems are compounded by their upgrade policy. Now they are in a position where their sales will drop to zero while (intelligent, aware) customers hold of on purchasing the software until they actually ship it, because even though they have "graciously" offered free upgrades to anyone who licenses the software less than 40 days prior to the release, with the release date being a moving target, they will add more people to the list of those who get screwed as their release date continues to slip.

They don't seem very experienced in the ways of software development and sales. The normal thing to do when announcing a new release would be to offer anyone who licenses the software after the announcement a free upgrade (regardless of how many days it takes them to get the release out). Otherwise sales drop to zero while savvy customers wait them out.

And of course, as we've already whined loudly about, most software companies would grant free upgrades to other "recent" licensees, recent defined as 6-12 months prior to the announcement.

With the inclusion of the Palm email client in the latest ROM update, they've picked a particularly bad time to miss their release timeframes AND **** off their formerly loyal customers.

Finally, did anyone notice they are now (and maybe had been before but I didn't notice) talking about releasing a BETA, not a final, release?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    they announced version 2.0 months ago, but there's no sign of it. maybe beta users are experiencing problems that are requiring extended efforts to fix. otherwise, I can't imagine what is taking so long.
    Search through the messages... They announced version 2, and IMAP more then a year ago. They also used to promise 1 upgrade / month - how many months has it been since we've seen an upgrade?

Dunc
    They did announce that they were working on Version 2.0 sometime ago. They obviously have taken a lot longer to introduce it, than they first thought they would. That being said, where did they promise that they would have 1 upgrade a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Search through the messages... They announced version 2, and IMAP more then a year ago. They also used to promise 1 upgrade / month - how many months has it been since we've seen an upgrade?

Dunc
    I'm a registered Snapper user and I don't think I'll upgrade to 2.0 when it's finally released. I'll wait for PalmBerry.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12