Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow!

Palmone is going to offer updated software for the T600 as a *FREE* download-good news!!

See link:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05...e_treo_update/
    Can anyone on "the inside" verify this report?
    Dennis G. Esler
    IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

This better be true...
    While Colligan would not be drawn on rumours - confirmed by an industry analyst - of an upcoming revision to the current Treo, the 600, he did reveal that the company will issue a software update for the smart phone this week. The update, which includes improvements to the handset's GPRS connection code, will be posted on the PalmOne web site as a free download.
    GPRS YES!

God I hope we don't have to wait for Orange to implement it, I have a nasty feeling that this update will be available only via our network providers
    the update / upgrade is for UK only?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    the update / upgrade is for UK only?
    I didn't read that in the article. What makes you say that?
    Will we loose the chat like SMS? I really like that interface! And i wonder if all the programs will have 5-way navagation... question questions question.....
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Anyone else notice the link to the article titled "Treo 610 confirmed"?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04...610_confirmed/
    i hope PalmOne has a SMS which includes the delivery report. the chat feature looks neat but i have not got used to use it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by gchomuk
    Anyone else notice the link to the article titled "Treo 610 confirmed"?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04...610_confirmed/
    i have not read that article yet. if it is true, i might consider to return treo 600 and get a treo610 when it comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    i have not read that article yet. if it is true, i might consider to return treo 600 and get a treo610 when it comes out
    It comes without a camera, and appears to be for Verizon ( I think it was Verizon). Not sure what that means. If it's unlock GSM, I might do the same.
    so what about this software update ?
    meaning address book update also like the tungsten ?
    From what I read into this is PalmOne is standardizing all software apps and getting rid of duplicates. So the questions are Blazer or WebPro, Versamail or Mail and better d-pad navigation???????? We can only wait, hope, pray and see. I truely hope that this is a full blown, well thoughtout and carefully tested update. I would really like to be rid of soft resets. And most of all I hope they don't introduce and new problems.

I just had to add...please let me choose whether or not I want to look at my sd card when it is inserted.

V
    Id be happy to have WebPro as standard. Add the ability to sync bookmarks to the desktop and Ill be a happy man.

VacantLot, try LaunchThis. Its stops that annoying SD card thing.
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/launchthis!.shtml
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    What the article is saying is that in the future they will consolidate to one set of software (ie current devices will keep their apps). Also, I feel like the update that will be released is probably nothing more than official 3.04 firmware (although I really hope they finally release it for Sprint Treos).
    This is the page to watch for any possible treo firmware updates. I mean, if the register is right about there being a firmware update happening this week . We'll post news about it the second it's public on PalmOne's site.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    if the article is correct, they pay licensing fees to third parties for some of the included software.

If web pro and versmail are "licensed," then wouldn't it be cheaper to go with blazer and mail? They were both owned by handspring.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Mmmm 3.04 for me (Sprint)? Im excited already!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Mmmm 3.04 for me (Sprint)? Im excited already!
    Christmas in May!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Christmas in May!!!
    dont forget that it will be late... christmas in june... july... august... september
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast