Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    bump
    I would think P1 would go with WebPro since it's supposed to be a lot faster than Blazer and the fact that they just bumped it up a version on the new Zire. But I agree that this week's upgrade will probably not include anything other than firmware. Colligan did say end of year for application consolidation.

I'm somewhat disappointed though. It's been a whole day since the announcement and I still don't have the upgrade link. I would've thought Mol would've somehow manage to provide us a link to it already. Stop slacking Mol!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I'm somewhat disappointed though. It's been a whole day since the announcement and I still don't have the upgrade link. I would've thought Mol would've somehow manage to provide us a link to it already. Stop slacking Mol!

If I do find it then I'm more likely to post about it somewhere else on a mobile forum that includes a Downloads section...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol

If I do find it then I'm more likely to post about it somewhere else on a mobile forum that includes a Downloads section...
    Could you be a little more specific mol ???
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    Could you be a little more specific mol ???
    I think he means here: http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...download&cid=5
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    There's not anything new there, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    There's not anything new there, though.
    Mol said that 'if he found it' he would post it there so i guess he's still looking.

note: of course I asume 'there' is the aforementioned site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    if the article is correct, they pay licensing fees to third parties for some of the included software.

If web pro and versmail are "licensed," then wouldn't it be cheaper to go with blazer and mail? They were both owned by handspring.

PalmOne "owns Versamail" which is based on the old multimail client that Palm bought a few years ago. I'm not sure about webpro, but I believe P1 may own that as well. On the other hand, I recall that Blazer 3.0 on the Treo600 is based on Netfront core. Thus it might be cheaper for Palmone to shift to webpro? However, I don't know if that is possible on the current Treos considering how tightly 5-way navigation is integrated into Blazer etc...

Furthermore as I've mentioned before, I personally would like to see PalmOne bundle the new Visto based Mobile Mail 5.0 that PalmSource has developed for all lisencees. It seems like a much more powerful client with pop3/IMAP and push....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol

No soup for you!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I recall that Blazer 3.0 on the Treo600 is based on Netfront core. end quote.

Actually, Blazer originated from a company called Bluelark Systems that Handspring bought back in December of 2000, in preparation for rolling out the VisorPhone. I don't think it has anything to do with Netfront, unless they somehow merged the two together.

http://siliconvalley.internet.com/ne...cle.php/545091
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    I recall that Blazer 3.0 on the Treo600 is based on Netfront core. end quote.

Actually, Blazer originated from a company called Bluelark Systems that Handspring bought back in December of 2000, in preparation for rolling out the VisorPhone. I don't think it has anything to do with Netfront, unless they somehow merged the two together.

http://siliconvalley.internet.com/ne...cle.php/545091
    I based that info upon Trecentral's own review:

Blazer 3.0 is a completely new web browser, based on ACCESS' NetFront 3.0 core browser technology. It is standards compliant, and can now render frames, HTML 4.0, CSS, and even simple JavaScript.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/299-7.htm

I think the initial ver of blazer may have been based on Blulark, but ver 3.0 seems to be based on Netfront...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    VacantLot, try LaunchThis. Its stops that annoying SD card thing.
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/launchthis!.shtml
    Thanks, works great but this should be built into the os.

V
    Great avatar, gfunkmagic!
    Mol seems to be a big fan of the new mytreo.net website! I agree that everyone has to start somewhere... but they have a LOOOONG way to go!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12