1.    #1  
    I have a fave radio station that streams their broadcast via internet and can be played using Windows Media Player (asx file..??)

Is their any way to "reverse engineer" the process so I can play on my treo 600?

I tried using Ptunes and entering the website link but it doesn't work.

Any ideas from you techno-wizards?
    It is possible with Pocket Tunes Deluxe to stream Shoutcast streams.

What is the URL ?
  3.    #3  
    URL is:

http://www.z883.com/z88-32m-rem.asx

I tried entering this into Ptunes Deluxe...But it didn't work. No Music.
    Quote Originally Posted by JsanchezCPA
    URL is:

Has to be Shoutcast MP3, ASX files are used in Windows Media Player.
    URL is:

You can't stream wma on PalmOS yet, perhaps with Ptunes Ver 3.0. The only workaround I can think of is to use your desktop PC to redirect the feed as shoutcast using winamp or something...goodluck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    How exactly is that done??
    It's not too difficult really.
    There was a walkthrough in the messages that got lost.
  8.    #8  
    Oh thanks, that really helps....
    Search through the Pocket Tunes threads, I thought I saw something there.
    Oh thanks, that really helps....

Well...probably cuz he doesn't know! Anyway, I personally haven't set this up either but what you have to do is download the latest version of Winamp and then setup a shoutcast server on your PC to re-direct whatever feed your trying to listen to. There was this whole lengthy thread describing exactly how to do this with a MLB stream, but alas the thread has been lost due to the recent forum crash!

I suggest you go over to the winamp shoutcast forums and post your query there:

http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=140

Also, I try to fiddle with it later since I'm also curious to set it up... Post more later...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It can be done. I had the Shoutcast server streaming whatever audio is playing on my computer. (as I stated in another post about RealAudio streaming).

I combined this with Firepad, two web cams and I was able to set it up to get a streamed video & audio onto my Treo and to email me when motion was detected.

I gotta tell you though it took about a week to figure how to set it all up.
    OOPS, that's a streamed audio & video of my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaneko
    It can be done. I had the Shoutcast server streaming whatever audio is playing on my computer. (as I stated in another post about RealAudio streaming).

I combined this with Firepad, two web cams and I was able to set it up to get a streamed video & audio onto my Treo and to email me when motion was detected.

I gotta tell you though it took about a week to figure how to set it all up.

Cool ckaneko!! Would you mind posting instructions on how you did this?! TIA...

Yes,
    That would be pretty damn cool to monitor my house from my Treo. Please post that tutorial.