1.    #1  
    My treo completely died. No lights, action, camera. No LED, no display, no beeps.
    I contacted T-mobile for a replacement, but 10 day backorder.
    Anyone else have a treo suddenly die stone dead? I suspect a power circuit internally, but don't want to open it and void the warranty.

(I am suffering depression and withdrawal...)
    did you drop it, use it in the rain, drop it in water, sit on it? if you wear it on your belt, did you scrape it against a wall or did it suffer any sudden shocks? did you place it near magnetic area?

your battery could have died and/or be defective.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    did you drop it, use it in the rain, drop it in water, sit on it? if you wear it on your belt, did you scrape it against a wall or did it suffer any sudden shocks? did you place it near magnetic area?

your battery could have died and/or be defective.
    none of the above.
    it has been working flawlessly for about 2 months. just hit the on button to check for any missed calls and nothing came on. had been fully charged that morning.

i sure won't be happy with a refurb one...........
    my treo died after using it for 4 months. everything worked really well on my original treo. i have a refurb that i have been using for a couple of weeks with these issues: buzzes loudly (on receiver end) during calls, space bar doesn't click so i never know how many spaces i'm putting between words, and the batter dies after a 24hr period of non-heavy use.

palm is suppose to be sending me a 'new refurb', and i guess i'll keep sending them back until i get one that functions like a $500+ device should.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    My treo completely died. No lights, action, camera. No LED, no display, no beeps.
    I contacted T-mobile for a replacement, but 10 day backorder.
    Anyone else have a treo suddenly die stone dead? I suspect a power circuit internally, but don't want to open it and void the warranty.

(I am suffering depression and withdrawal...)
    You might want to check whether your Treo accidentally did a battery disconnect reset, which means you just have to recharge the device to make it work again. Go to http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo600gsm/ to find out more about BDRs.

If you experience this more often, you might ask for a replacement device. It is a hardware defect.

Regards

R.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloM
    You might want to check whether your Treo accidentally did a battery disconnect reset, which means you just have to recharge the device to make it work again. Go to http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo600gsm/ to find out more about BDRs.

If you experience this more often, you might ask for a replacement device. It is a hardware defect.

Regards

R.
    I will try forcing a battery disconnect reset and recharge. I doubt this will have any results, since I tried putting it in the cradle charger and no LED came on.

I am a bit discouraged about the likelihood of getting a refurbished replacement for a device I have had only 2 months. It's like buying a new car, having a problem with it and getting a used car in exchange.

I told T-mobile I would not accept a 'used' replacement device, that I'd return it for refund and cancel my 2 t-moble accounts. They have their policy, I have mine.

Thanks for your help, BTW. I wonder if other people have had their Treo abruptly die.
    i think you will be able to get a new one as an exchange. since my led went out 4 months after purchase, i was outside the 90 day warranty. you're device should still be covered under the 90 day warranty.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloM

Regards

R.
    no luck. tried the instructions for doing a BDR and every possible variation. tried recharging. no sign of life.

I'll just have to wait on the replacement from T-Mobile (10 day backorder) and hope it's a new rather than refurbished one. Spending $500 on a used device is not acceptable.