1.    #1  
    Palmpuke does this but I get no response from the developer. Can someone write a simple and Free app that sounds an alarm if there isnt a SD card in the slot?

Palmpuke has silly sounds and only sounds once.

This new utility needs to either use system sounds or have 1 simple alert sound that it uses. It needs to play the sound continuously until either the alarm is silenced by closing a dialog box or a card is inserted.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Palmpuke does this but I get no response from the developer. Can someone write a simple and Free app that sounds an alarm if there isnt a SD card in the slot?

Palmpuke has silly sounds and only sounds once.

This new utility needs to either use system sounds or have 1 simple alert sound that it uses. It needs to play the sound continuously until either the alarm is silenced by closing a dialog box or a card is inserted.

What do you think?
    That would be great. Palmpuke also does nothing when the phone is set to vibrate, which on mine is most of the time.

FYI, In the pre-crash era here, there was a thread re filing down the top of your SD card with a nail file to make it fit flush in the Treo. I did it and it makes a huge difference. My card used to pop out all the time and hasn't once since I filed it. I wouldn't mind having the application to warn me, just in case, though.
    Guess I got lucky... I'm aware of the "file down" method, but never had to use it. My card has only accidentally popped out once since February, and it's understandable considering it was when it hit the ground after falling

I'm using Palmpuke, but I don't have a need for the treo to make noise while the card is out... in fact I'd find that pretty annoying considering I use a card reader to read my card when I need to transfer stuff to/from my desktop and then I'd have to disable whatever alarm noise it made. I think Palmpuke was made more as sort of a joke, that's why it has silly sounds (the developer probably figures that if you didn't want silly sounds you'd be using the default sound the device already makes).
    I wrote this, but haven't gotten around to writing up the readme / zipping up the source code. If you want the beta, feel free to get:

http://www.byteswapped.com/~dianders/CardKeeper.zip
  5.    #5  
    Very impressive response. Perfect app developed in less than 24 hours (more like less than 12 hours actually). I am testing it out now. What are the Beep selections? They seem to be the same.
    It was actually done months ago. Concept was done at the PalmSource developers conference. That version was done about March 16th. I'm a little slow about posting it. The app was implemented mostly for me (it's free, after all!), so the beep selections were the simplest thing I could think of: I just call through to a system API. Turns out that on most handhelds, they all sound the same. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianders
    I wrote this, but haven't gotten around to writing up the readme / zipping up the source code. If you want the beta, feel free to get:

http://www.byteswapped.com/~dianders/CardKeeper.zip

Cool~!! Thanks for this awesome utility, dianders! Works great!

And thanks to experiment626 for this app request.
    Great that's what i was also looking for. Just tried but unfortunately it does nothing when i remove the card. I configured an alarm with vibration after 5 seconds, more alarms after 10 seconds and stop alarms after 30 minutes. My Treo is a version B with firmware 2.05.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
  9.    #9  
    Even if it was done months ago- this app perfectly meets my needs. I appreciate your response and posting of it for the Treo community at large. It addresses an issue that bugs most of us. Plus- I didnt want to have to file down my card.

I also found LaunchThis from BitsNBolts software. When used with CardKeeper it address a second issue with the SD Card. Namely- it stops the launcher from launching when you reinsert the SD Card and optionally it prevents autorun apps from running on the card.

These 2 apps were what I was looking for.

Thanks again.
    This app is now posted at www.mytreo.net with loads of other great Treo specific software utilities!
    I bow in deference to your brilliance! This is a perfect app for the sd card popout syndrome!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just figured out why some of us don't hear anything--- it depends on SYSTEM SOUNDS being enabled- I NEVER USE SYSTEM SOUNDS!!! Who wants to hear the device chirp with every keystroke?

So, no dice for me...I need something that lets me stay quiiiiiiiiiet with my device....unless its plugged into the cassette adapter in my car!

How about PTunes/MP3 support?
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626

I also found LaunchThis from BitsNBolts software. When used with CardKeeper it address a second issue with the SD Card. Namely- it stops the launcher from launching when you reinsert the SD Card and optionally it prevents autorun apps from running on the card.
    I find it out thanks to your post but it doesn't work on my treo:

PlamOne Treo 600(GSM)
    Firmware: 03.05
    Software: Treo600-1.12.ROW
    Hardware: B

Hope somebody can help me, I use the card yous for music/photos storage and it's very annoying have the treo switch to Card category everytime I put the card back after copying mp3 with a card reader.

Thanks in advance
    Try NotifyMe . It alerts you to card removal, and has option to disable category switching on card insert.

HTH,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Is it possible to write something that would not only disable app switching, but also prevent the device from turning on when the card is removed/inserted? I think I'm going to try writing this.
    Prevent the Treo from turning on when the SD card isn't inserted. Yeah. That sounds like a great idea.
    Khaytsus thanks for that

The Treo turns on when the card is inserted or removed. I don't want it to. I didn't mean so that you couldn't ever turn it on, obviously..