1.    #1  
    Searched forum for comparison posts but couldn't find any.
    Besides the Auto-Answer function in Callshield which I like, I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Appreciate any bids!
    Try them both. We all have our favorites.
    I agree with Alli. It's not hard to find my opinion on which app I feel is better (CallShield) but that's only my opinion. The big difference between the two comes down to how you use your Treo.

Download one use it for a short time then try the other.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I'm trying callshield now. Do you know if there is an auto-answer in Lightwav? So what's your favorite Alli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo600GSM-CH
    Thanks. I'm trying callshield now. Do you know if there is an auto-answer in Lightwav? So what's your favorite Alli?
    I like LightWav. It was the first, and its soul purpose is assigning those ringers. It's now added .gif caller id (both still and animated), and you can assign your ringers individually or by category. LW also returns you to your PocketTunes playlist after using a totally different mp3 as a ringer.
    Well I don't want to sulk, but I can tell you Callshield sucks!!!! (I haven't tried Lightwav yet...too bad I spent my money on Callshield!).

I guess in a way it's my fault. I really wanted a software that would allow me to use mp3 ringtones (yes, I'm part of the rage) and well since both Lightwav and Callshield did this (with the exception that Callshield did more), I decided to get Callshield and gain extra (being able to block people's phone call and stuff).

Instead I got this thing crashing my treo (not only that but it was hell to get the mp3 editor which I had to pay for, and then an encoder for the mp3's).
    I could have save myself all the trouble and simply get Lightwav.

Oh by the way, Callshield doesn't show pics (it even disabled the pics I assigned in my favorites).

Once again, I really don't want to sulk, but that was my experience. And I guess it would be a great app, but definitely not for me. To be honest with you, I don't even want it to block calls...and if I still have the .prc file I would even send it to you (resgitered) so that you can see for yourself.

That's my two cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Well I don't want to sulk, but I can tell you Callshield sucks!!!! (I haven't tried Lightwav yet...too bad I spent my money on Callshield!).

I guess in a way it's my fault. I really wanted a software that would allow me to use mp3 ringtones (yes, I'm part of the rage) and well since both Lightwav and Callshield did this (with the exception that Callshield did more), I decided to get Callshield and gain extra (being able to block people's phone call and stuff).

Instead I got this thing crashing my treo (not only that but it was hell to get the mp3 editor which I had to pay for, and then an encoder for the mp3's).
    I could have save myself all the trouble and simply get Lightwav.

Oh by the way, Callshield doesn't show pics (it even disabled the pics I assigned in my favorites).

Once again, I really don't want to sulk, but that was my experience. And I guess it would be a great app, but definitely not for me. To be honest with you, I don't even want it to block calls...and if I still have the .prc file I would even send it to you (resgitered) so that you can see for yourself.

That's my two cents...
    if you had read the lwav 2.1 release in TC it now includes BuzzOff callerID filter app for free.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    CallFilter (not to be confused with CallShiled) blows the competition away because it's stable, robust, handles international calls properly, and has all of the features of the competition plus some (at least in the unreleased beta, that I believe will be generally available soon). The developer is responsive to e-mails. The only downside to callfilter is that the developer keeps his innovations secret for long periods of time, releasing updates periodically. This way the competitors have a harder time keeping up with his changes. My recommendation is to e-mail him and see if he'll give you the latest version -- which is my favorite application of all time on the Treo 600. Good luck.