Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Besides the cut and paste function to export the Treo SMS messages (in chat mode) to a memo file, is there a better way of doing this mandane task? The character restriction from the standard Palm OS, means I have to shuttle back and forth.

I tried to use other clipboard extension program like ClipPro and CutPaste5 but with little success. When highlighting the text in the sms, ClipPro is unable to activate.

Forget about MaxText as it does not allow chat mode. All sms messages are exported individually.
    Do you mean just back them up, so you have them around, or actually on your Treo? Cause, you can rename the prc files. On your treo, you have no SMSes, but they are stored on your computer. To reload them, just do some renaming. I *think* that should work....Is that what you're looking for?
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
  3.    #3  
    Not exactly. I would like to export these sms into memo format then to the PC for storage or printing. It will be great if there is software to read these sms files. I wonder if the PalmOne people will add an export sms chat to the memo format.
    Checkout Maxtext TE if you have a GSM Treo600 and also there's an app called Tresmart, but it's still in beta.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    MaxText is not ideal as it does not support sms chat mode. It exports one sms at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    MaxText is not ideal as it does not support sms chat mode. It exports one sms at a time.

Alrighty then... well another option is FunSMS which apparently allows you to save entire folders of sms. There's also an option of exporting the messages as CSV-Excel files to the desktop using this tool...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Tresmart developer WalterT speaking...
    Tresmart is in beta, which means I cannot guarantee that it works perfectly, but I know for sure that the percentage of "problematic" messages, i.e., SMS messages saved in a readable but "strange" format, is less than 0.1% - less than one out of a thousand (averaging over all of my beta-testers). This percentage will decrease in time, as I gather information from beta-testers in order to get the decoding of some special message types straight. The more beta-testers, the quicker Tresmart will get out of beta. Furthermore, since Tresmart only READS the Treo backup files, it cannot do any harm to them. I could carry on, but it's probably better if you have a look at www.tresmart.com in the "how it works" section
    The unlicensed version of Tresmart is free (and always will be), and beta-testers get a free license
  8. viturin
    I dont know a better way - which also is a big annoyance to me...

--Viturin
  9. viturin
    I treid FunSMS... and am not happy. Screen is by far not as clear as in the CHAT mode of the orig. TREO SMS app.

And it still misses the <DELIVERY RECEIPT> option... and I cannot find a cool EXPORT feature....

Will try TresSmart now...
  10.    #10  
    You are right. I tried FunSMS, was not happy with the interface and operations. Unable to try TresSmart as it is not released yet. Asked to be BETA tester but no reply from developer.

Wished that PalmOne, just add in the export feature to the built in SMS. This will be perfect.

Cannot cut and paste as all the programs I tried that extended the clipboard size cannot be activated.
    Just not to make people think that I don't answer inquiries...
    I have been out the whole day.
    Tiger Beer has got his copy of Tresmart now
    ciao
    Walter
  12.    #12  
    Yup .. I got a reply from WalterT. Sorry for creating a "wrong" impression. I will report on my experiences soon.
  13. viturin
    I also tried to use TRESMART... but I guess I am not TRES SMART myself. When I read the installation and users manual with all parameters to set-up, etc... I got scared

Wait for the EXPORT feature from PalmONE...!!! Can this be a imperative ORDER?
  14. viturin
    I am using Tresmart now - the BETA version. It works basically fine in connection with EUDORA. Still have some minor issues with CHINESE SMS's however.

Anybody has any experience with Eudora and CHinese e-mails? e.g. how can one force Eudora to display an e-mail as Chinese? SOme of the messages appear as scrambled up Japanese or other messy characters when they should be displayed in Chinese...
  15. viturin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    Yup .. I got a reply from WalterT. Sorry for creating a "wrong" impression. I will report on my experiences soon.
    Hi Tiger Beer (虎牌啤酒) <smile>...

Do you have any expereince with Chinese SMS's and Tresmart+Eudora?
    is there any way we can export sms messages in the palm to PC like in a text file or something for each individual person log ?

johndoe.txt

all the sms messages log on our treo would be exported there
    is there anyway to do that ?
  17. viturin
    Yes - there is. check here:
    http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....num=1095740343

--viturin
  18. viturin
    TRESMART works now - even for Chinese SMS...
    check here:

http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....num=1095740343
    Maybe I'm a little slow and don't quite understand what you are asking, but it seems like you could just copy the entire chat session (per person) and paste it into an e-mail. That way you don't have the 160 charater limit, no???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    What about archiving the PhoneCallDB file?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast