1.    #1  
    I am trying to find the Palmapp.dot and Palmapp.xlt on my comptuer and they don't exist.

I was going to use them so I could drag to MSWord or MSExcel.

Any idea where to get these files and if they are compatible with PalmDesktop4.1 for the Treo600?

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    I am trying to find the Palmapp.dot and Palmapp.xlt on my comptuer and they don't exist.

I was going to use them so I could drag to MSWord or MSExcel.

Any idea where to get these files and if they are compatible with PalmDesktop4.1 for the Treo600?

Thank you.

Are trying to refer to the bundled DTG viewer? The names of those files are:

SS_P2P.prc
    WP_P2P.prc
    DocToGo.prc
    WordToGp.prc

They should be under the c:\program files\handspring\add-on folder on your desktop.

Note, you CANNOT just "drag" or open MS word or excel files with these apps. The bundled viewer simply allows you to view word/excel docs when they are sent as email attachments. That's it... If you want a true text editor and viewer, then you'll have to purchase DTG6 from dataviz.com...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gfunk:
    1) I dig your photo - who is that??

2) I installed DOcsToGo and Goodlink 3.0. But when I open the attachment using Goolink 3.0 and select view high quality it gives me an erro saying the application to open this type of attachment could not be found.

Dataviz says docs to go can view word files. SO far I can only view as text...

I saw WordToGo in the same add on dir and installed that - it is on the Treo now but does not seem to work and does not show up in the launcher.

Same error.

Do I install all the .prc u mention above?

SHuld Word to go show up in the app launcher - it does not...
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    Gfunk:
    1) I dig your photo - who is that??

2) I installed DOcsToGo and Goodlink 3.0. But when I open the attachment using Goolink 3.0 and select view high quality it gives me an erro saying the application to open this type of attachment could not be found.

Dataviz says docs to go can view word files. SO far I can only view as text...

I saw WordToGo in the same add on dir and installed that - it is on the Treo now but does not seem to work and does not show up in the launcher.

Same error.

Do I install all the .prc u mention above?

SHuld Word to go show up in the app launcher - it does not...
    Hey Rob,

No, the DTG files in the addon folder are only to view attachments. If you purchased the DTG6 app, then I wouldn't install the viewer at all. Unfortnately, I do not know much about Good, so I can't help you regarding the attachment error you have. Niether am I sure whether you need to install the bundled viewers in addition to the full app to get this to work... Sorry for the lack of helpfullness..
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/17/2004 at 11:39 AM.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thx GNM. I did not buy DTG6 - there is a DTG v6 in the addon along with the spoecific viewers...I was not sure if one had to install all of em. I will talk to God support and if I resolve it post back. I did install the Word viewer and the DTG .prc but it still only allows text view.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    Thx GNM. I did not buy DTG6 - there is a DTG v6 in the addon along with the spoecific viewers...I was not sure if one had to install all of em. I will talk to God support and if I resolve it post back. I did install the Word viewer and the DTG .prc but it still only allows text view.
    Try to install all the viewer files listed above and see if that works. You can always delete them later anyway...

For some reason, Desktop 4.1 doesn't include palmapp.dot and palmapp.xlt. I had a previous version which did include them and simply copied them to the proper directory (Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Startup) and they seem to work fine with my Treo 600 in dragging and dropping names and addresses to both Word and Excel. I tried to upload the two files for you, but this message board won't allow files with those extensions to be uploaded. I'll try to send them via the private message section. Otherwise, if you give me your e-mail address, I can send them via Outlook Express.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetprop
    For some reason, Desktop 4.1 doesn't include palmapp.dot and palmapp.xlt. I had a previous version which did include them and simply copied them to the proper directory (Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Startup) and they seem to work fine with my Treo 600 in dragging and dropping names and addresses to both Word and Excel. I tried to upload the two files for you, but this message board won't allow files with those extensions to be uploaded. I'll try to send them via the private message section. Otherwise, if you give me your e-mail address, I can send them via Outlook Express.

FYI, the files are only included as part of the Treo600 CD package and the Treo specific Palm Desktop. Ver. 4.1 is not completely compatible with the Treo600 since it won't support Treo pictures conduit, nor does the Treo support the enhanced PIM. Thus I wouldn't install it at all...

Hmmm. My Desktop 4.1 has the Treo Pictures button on the side, and the conduit seems to work OK with both my T600's. And I've been using palmapp.dot ever since I got the 600's last November with no problems. Knock on wood.
    Hey I solved the issue with Dataviz DocsToGo - seems the original Treo image never had some files it needed although they are in the addon. There are a bunch of them - see this support thread for details.

Now I can see Word and Excel files natively.

Am I missing something - where is the spellchecker for submitting posts??