1.    #1  
    I want to use the SD card on the Treo600.
    I am looking for the right software.
    My objectives are for backup/restore and for file manipulation.
    I might also want to see the PDA files on my WindowsPC.

What software do people recommend? Is Syncwizard at http://pinstall.envicon.com/SyncWizard/index.html any good?

Or should I stick with BackupBuddyVFS or BackupMan or BlueSync I think is the name?

Any suggestions, experiences, or website comparisons would be helpful.
    I personally use BackupMan. There are already many many threads comparing the available backup programs and their features so I won't get into details. For file manipulation, the freeware program FileZ is a must-have. Also, many launcher programs such as ZLauncher or LauncherX have built-in file management features. Card Export fits the bill for wanting to see the card files on windows (or else you can just buy a card reader, they're cheap).
    I think its sort of strange how BackupMan is so popular. It only has a single feature that sets it apart from most competitors- the ability to automatically store multiple backups. It lacks security, compression, and incremental backups (it just does every file, every time). Maybe because it was the first OS5 compatible?

I used BackupBuddyVFS for years and was very happy with it. Now Ive moved on to Botzam Backup. It has TEA encryption (can use plugins for more), compression, incremental backups, and can run with the device off, under keygaurd, and locked (tested with PDA Defense). It can store multiple backup sets, but not like BackupMan where it keeps only a certain number automatically (yet).

I would recommend a card reader. Without it, transfers are slower and keep your PHONE busy longer.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  4.    #4  
    When people suggest a cardreader, do they simply mean a cardreader for my Windows machine? If so, how does that help the process of fully backing up the Treo600 and all its preferences and third-party utilities.

Thank you.
    i use backupmanVFS. it works fine and i like it. I have not tried other utilities yet for backup purpose. one thing is, I selected, for example, all files (217 files) and i backed them up to SD card. it only appears to have 167 files. i did not get a chance to list out all files and did a file name comparsion. anyone know why it has 50 files less? also, it did not give me any error messages during the backup thou.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    When people suggest a cardreader, do they simply mean a cardreader for my Windows machine? If so, how does that help the process of fully backing up the Treo600 and all its preferences and third-party utilities.

Thank you.
    We were only mentioning a card reader since you'd brought up seeing files on your windowsPC. It's an entirely different action then backing up your Treo. It just makes life easier (and much faster) when moving files between your SD card and PC. Handy if you want to back up the SD card as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    i use backupmanVFS. it works fine and i like it. I have not tried other utilities yet for backup purpose. one thing is, I selected, for example, all files (217 files) and i backed them up to SD card. it only appears to have 167 files. i did not get a chance to list out all files and did a file name comparsion. anyone know why it has 50 files less? also, it did not give me any error messages during the backup thou.
    Because it doesnt backup the a68k files. Its pointless to back them up since the system will create them when you restore. They should be filtered out of the list but they arent, probably due to the list being slow already.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989