Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know the prospect of the Treo 610 is over-played... and the "he said-she said" senario's are tiresome at best... but I wanted to pass this along. Today, while exchanging my 4th Treo 600 at Best Buy (gotta love PSP) the Sprint Rep (whom I have naturally gotten to know quite well!) revealed that the T610 is due out Mid-Late July, give or take two weeks... He confirmed that it is to have pretty much everything rumored so far, such as the blue tooth (why wasn't that included to begin with?!), faster processor, better resolution (both screen and camera) as well as more memory.
    I know it's silly but I still get excited when there's a new 610 thread. Must be how people that play the lotto feel.
    I know how you feel. I see the thread and my imagination starts up before I click on it.

Recently there were a bunch of messages in the SnapperMail Yahoo group with the title "IMAP Released". Unfortunately it was just a mess of flames.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Eventually one of these rumours are gonna be right. First it was March, then April, now July. Somewhere down the line, one is gonna be spot on and then we're going to get the "I told you so" lines....

Oh well....
  5.    #5  
    Best Buy is my grown-up version of Toys R US, so I shop there at least a couple times a week, and I would say I have gotten to know this guy pretty well and I don't think he would pass along anything that wasn't valid... a Best Buy PCS Rep is a lot more likely to know than anyone (other than PalmOne of course)... they always seem to somehow be "in-the-know". He did say that the exact date is not definate yet, but that a good bet would be July
    hi res = consumes more batt
    blutooth = nehh .. some ppl dont use it .. why waste more batt ..
    faster processor = consumes more batt ..

they designed the treo to be long lasting thats why low res and 144Mhz ... originally annouced during sketch of treo600 would be 200Mhz but they lower down the clock speed to save battry ..

just to make me feel better about my treo600 ..
    say boo to 610
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix

they designed the treo to be long lasting thats why low res and 144Mhz ... originally annouced during sketch of treo600 would be 200Mhz but they lower down the clock speed to save battry ..

say boo to 610
    lol
    Bluetooth is important... ask anyone with a Bluetooth enabled car... more and more are offering and including this feature as more handsfree laws go in effect in different states....

It is the future.

say boo to 610
    lol
    I agree with you. I won't be the first on the block with a "610". The battery life of the 600 is far superior to my old T180g. Adding bells and whistles that I don't "need" at the cost of T180-like battery life? No thanks.
    yeah ... however bluetooth is expected to be gone and replace with WUSB soon ..
    soo .. i dunno .. 610 bluetooth ?
    better wait for treo 700 with WUSB
    lol

(am i talking crap?)
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard
    Eventually one of these rumours are gonna be right. First it was March, then April, now July. Somewhere down the line, one is gonna be spot on and then we're going to get the "I told you so" lines....

Oh well....

exactly... hindsight bias is always 20/20
    lol

(am i talking crap?)
    Oh no!!! A treo 700 thread
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I would take anything a BB employee tells you with a grain of salt. They don't know anything we don't know. When I got my 600 from BB another BB drone was helping out a couple. He didn't know what an unlocked phone was.
    and - not only might he be drone-like, this specific Best Buy person probably just heard the 610 data from someone else, who probably read it on these boards, or something like that. No telling as to the source, and how fallible the data might be.
    Bottom line - it'll get here when it gets here, and nothing we do will hasten its arrival.
    (I do agree with the 'say "boo"' comment above - does make me feel better about my current 600 - heh heh)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkgepdog
    but that a good bet would be July
    or September.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Ar...ges=PR&seq=201
    so.... if you walk by with your blue tooth enabled phone, will I be able to attach to it and dial out on your dime? (I'm not sure I want my phone blue toothed yet, until the security is a bit more mature.)
    I agree xaix, the Treo 600 is truly a great design with respect to battery life. People that complain about clock speed and low-res must not be heavy users. I would be happy with just having more RAM though. I wonder if Tony Rudenko could upgrade one. He upgraded my Palm V to 8 megs.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    so.... if you walk by with your blue tooth enabled phone, will I be able to attach to it and dial out on your dime? (I'm not sure I want my phone blue toothed yet, until the security is a bit more mature.)
    you have to "marry" the two bluetooth devices for them to talk to each other.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    presumably you can turn bluetooth mode off, darken the screen if you so desire, and perhaps they have figured out a way to raise and lower the CPU speed? those are not uncommon power-saving strategies.
  19.    #19  

say boo to 610
    lol
    IRONICALLY.. (sorry I left this out), the TREO 610 is suppossed to be a lot better in regards to battery power...
  20.    #20  
    lol

(am i talking crap?)
    It isn't often I acuse someone of being nuts, but you are NUTS if you think that bluetooth is going to take a back seat to WUSB! PLEASE! WUSB will never take off... until people get motherboards with faster FSBs there is no way in hell that this will happen!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast