1. crp
    Just went through a job change & my new employer uses Lotus Notes for email. I own just about every major email client that's been created for the Treo 600 (Biz Connect, MessageExpress, SnapperMail) as well as BaseJet, Palm Mail and 2bAnywhere. Previously, Basejet worked flawlessly for Outlook & Exchange at my prior employer.

Somewhere in here is the answer to my problem: Not having used Notes in years, I don't know what info I have to input in the laptop & Treo to wirelessly sync my Treo with our Notes/Domino server (located in Florida). I work out of a home office and don't have anything local excect a DSL connection, Cisco VPN software, and my laptop. So, I don't know the IP address or anything for the Notes server. Other field personnel in my position are using Blackberries, so I know access is possible, if I have the necessary setup information.

TIA,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    I wish I could help you but I don't know.

I just wanted to chime in and say... with my recent job change, we use Notes too. What a piece of junk.
    BaseJet .... it is actually written in Lotus. There is no substitute. Snapper w/ IMAP next month if your company has 143 open at the firewell. By default IMAP is available in Domino 6.5 servers. But a single command needs to be run on your email to enable it in R5.

Derek
    My job uses Lotus Notes; yet for security reasons, they wont tell anyone what the setup is thats needed to use it with the Treo.

Hopefully you'll have better luck with your new job and Lotus.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  5. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    BaseJet .... it is actually written in Lotus. There is no substitute. Snapper w/ IMAP next month if your company has 143 open at the firewell. By default IMAP is available in Domino 6.5 servers. But a single command needs to be run on your email to enable it in R5.

Derek

Derek:
    thanks for the reply. What is that command? Also, not having access to any documentation on Notes, where do I find the Sync config info needed for the Basejet client on my Treo and laptop? Can I find if buried somewhere in the Notes app on my corp. laptop?
  6. crp
    Update:

MessageExpress is working for me now, which is the good news. The bad news is that it's working using the defaul setup parameters-- so I know that the MessageExpress client is running and forwarding Notes email from my corp. laptop. But the app doesn't display the IP address of the server it's connecting to, so I don't know what info to use for Basejet, which still shows "Transporter Not Found" no matter what I try to do.

crp
    I use Commontime mNotes to sync my Calendar, Todos, Names and Notes. I use Martinscott.com's WirelessNotes to send copies of important emails to my Fastmail IMAP account. I then get them and read them on Chatter in about 10 seconds after hitting my Domino mail server.

Works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    I use Commontime mNotes to sync my Calendar, Todos, Names and Notes. I use Martinscott.com's WirelessNotes to send copies of important emails to my Fastmail IMAP account. I then get them and read them on Chatter in about 10 seconds after hitting my Domino mail server.

Works great.

LOL, works great, except, at least where I work, it is a MAJOR violation of the corporate security poilicy. Forwarding "important" business emails to fastmail? Hardly secure.

There are better solutions, but your corporate IT folks should be involved.

For me? I use the Neoteris IVE at work, it allows for a secure email session for pop3-ssl or imap. Essentially it works as a proxy server to my internal notes server. I user snappermail premium (with SSL support), and have it check periodically. Not push mail, but certainly effective and useful. And no violation of corporate policy.

-Joe
  9. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    LOL, works great, except, at least where I work, it is a MAJOR violation of the corporate security poilicy. Forwarding "important" business emails to fastmail? Hardly secure.

There are better solutions, but your corporate IT folks should be involved.

For me? I use the Neoteris IVE at work, it allows for a secure email session for pop3-ssl or imap. Essentially it works as a proxy server to my internal notes server. I user snappermail premium (with SSL support), and have it check periodically. Not push mail, but certainly effective and useful. And no violation of corporate policy.

-Joe
    Joe:

That sounds like a great solution. Unfortunately, I'm looking for a single user solution. Spending $15K on the Neoteris box isn't going to work.

In any event, I still have a basic question: How can an end user of Notes 5 determine the IP address, etc needed for a Treo-based handheld connection? If I could determine that, I could poke around with Snapper or Basejet some more. Right now, I don't know what numbers to use to tell the apps where to look for my server (Domino I think).

Thx,
    crp
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    My job uses Lotus Notes; yet for security reasons, they wont tell anyone what the setup is thats needed to use it with the Treo.

Hopefully you'll have better luck with your new job and Lotus.
    Same here. We are using Notes 5 but going to Notes 6 this summer, will that hopefully fix it correct?
    'load convert -e (mailfile)' is the tool to enable IMAP on te server. your IT g
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    I've got Pylon and SyncMail pushing Notes email to my Treo, but can't tell you any more than that...
    I'm currently using Dataviz's InBoxToGo, (an offline version, they also have Wireless InBoxToGo) and Sprint PCS's Business Connect Personal Edition. They both work with Notes R5 and R6. And do not use IMAP or POP. But native Notes API.

Brian
  15. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbaker
    I'm currently using Dataviz's InBoxToGo, (an offline version, they also have Wireless InBoxToGo) and Sprint PCS's Business Connect Personal Edition. They both work with Notes R5 and R6. And do not use IMAP or POP. But native Notes API.

Brian
    BC:

Thanks for the response. Do you have to use both of them together for wireless replication, or do you just like having 2 apps? I'm successfully using Visto's MessageExpress right now for wireless replication on my T600, but I haven't looked at InBoxToGo.

crp