Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi - Im on Orange UK. I Do not have a GPRS account set up as its a work phone and they wont pay for it I wanted to know whether I could still connect to the net without a gprs connection? I have an ISP (if its relevant) and I was able to connect to WAP on my old phone with the same sim (also if its relevant). Please Help me!!!! ***** proof instructoins would be really appreciated...
    Here is my setup for SprintPCS:
    Preferences -> Network
    First off, if you are connected you should probably disconnect,
    there will be a button at the bottom that says either 'Connect' or 'Disconnect' so if it says 'Disconnect' then hit it before going on, otherwise just go to the next step

Menu -> New
    Service: Speakeasy (or whatever the name of your ISP is)
    Connection: Virtual Modem
    User Name: [my UserID] (NOTE: Your ISPs MAY require user@domain)
    Password: [-Assigned-]
    Phone: [312-546-4009] (Speakeasy rents service from Level-3, this is their #)

-> Details
    Idle timeout: 3 Minuts (Set this to your preference)

-> Advanced
    IP Address: [X] Automatic

Query DNS: [X]

(I didn't change either of those options)

(I also didn't even look at -> Script

Click OK twice to get out to the Preferences -> Network screen

There should be a 'Connect' button at the botton, time to find out if it works!

I then went and used TuSSH to log into my linux box, did a 'w' and got the following:
    (my_name) pts/38 Jun 20 19:37 (dialup-4.158.27.150.dial1.chicago1.level3.net)

Proving that I was connected through my dialup rather than through Sprint. When logging in through sprint, it looks like this:
    (my_name) pts/38 Jun 20 20:06 (68.30.180.157)

NOTE::::: This uses AIRTIME, just like a voice call!!!! :::::NOTE

NOTE::::: Remember to change the Service back to PCS Vision or whatever you want your default to be, whatever is displayed in Preferences -> Network when you move away from that screen becomes the default for networking!
    Last edited by viper0775; 06/20/2004 at 08:08 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12