Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got dust too, do you think Sprint will replace the unit? Seems to me there's a bad seal if you can get dust in there...
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    I have a similar story - had T600 since November 2003; dust slowly started building up a couple months later; now there's quite a bit in the "T" pattern toward the top middle of the screen that several other posters have noted. Can't be coincidence!
    Yes 1cm from top of screen, I am trying to get a replacement here in Australia.

Its a lot worse than dust on outside as you can't wipe it off and it looks like dead pixels when the screen is on!
    Last edited by joele; 07/07/2004 at 09:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Well I got a response from Palmone support, they want photos of the screen when turned on and off showing the dust particles, anyone see how this would be possible to do?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Called them and due to my other issue, resets everytime I go into SMS application and try to lookup a contacts phone number, they are replacing the unit, and I have to send it in to them and wait 10 days, I hope this doesn't turn into a few months???

Ohh well bit of a pain sending it in at my on cost but what can you do???
    I have this problem too. I think my specs might be sand. It started as one speck in the middle, split into 3, one finally disappeared off the bottom right edge, but the other 2 are firmly in the middle of the screen and staying put. This is irritating for a $600 and would severely limit its price when I eventually sell it and upgrade. This, and the bright spot are two major defects I have so far on my Treo. I'm sure eventually I will demand a new or refurb one without the defects.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    NOOOOOOO!! I too have a dust under my screen- started this morning. One large piece about 12mm from the top, in the middle and a few smaller friends around him.

I feel like smashing my phone on the floor just to get a new one from Orange.

The large speck is clearly visible when the screen is off and when lit. Attached few photo's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have the same problem as Hicks. Has anyone had any luck removing the dust?

Keith
    noticed the same thing a couple of days ago going to try and get a new one
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    My dust flecks are still lodged in my screen. Keep taking my phone mountain biking with me to try and shake them loose! Knowing my luck they'll multiply though.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

10. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have the problem as well. A nice little patch of dust trapped in the middle near the top of the screen. Very noticable in all conditions.

Anyone know if ATT Wireless will cover this problem under warranty?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Certainly not covered by Orange's warranty........

I have the exact same problem. The particle is right smack dab in the middle of the screen. It's bright white in color, so its clearly seen when the screen is off. In addition to that it's just big enough to be noticed when the screen is on as well.

It's not a real problem but it's definitely annoying. To me it equates with having a song get stuck in your head. Only you notice it. When you do it becomes very irratating; Then you wish it would just go away, but it doesn't.
    Argh, I too have fallen victim to the dust-under-the-screen crap. Man, I was so happy to have a device that was dust-free.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12