1.    #1  
    Has anyone successfully connected to their AOL email using the Handspring (PalmOne) email software on the Tre0600?
    According to AOL, it CAN be done via IMAP. I am trying to figure that out right now. Basejet looks good, but I can't get it to send. Chatter does this, too, but I can't get it to receive!

Anyone else?
    I use Iambic Mail and am attempting to do the same thing. Iambic Mail supports IMAP. I reading the AOL instruction for setting up AOL Open Mail in Outlook Express, its says the number of the SMTP port needs to be changed to 587. There is no way Iambic Mail to do this. Any ideas?
  4.    #4  
    Using the setup mode in the PalmOne email beta, there isn't a place to put a port number.
    from another list I am on, it looks like the AOL implementation of IMAP isn't standard. This may be causing some issues.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    AOL IMAP certainly works great on my laptop with Outlook, along with other IMAP accounts I use, but since I have yet to find a PalmOS IMAP email client that I like, I haven't been able to try it out on my Treo yet. Holding out to see how well Snappermail 2.0 (whenever it comes out) will work with IMAP...

- Mike
    I haven't tried this yet, but you might wanna give: smtp.aol.com:587 a try. Sometimes programs will use that for changing ports.
    What imap client are you folks using? I know Snappermail and the Palm Mail Beta don't support imap...so there's no way they'll work. I seen that Snapper is about to release an upgrade which supposedly will support imap...but to get it they want $60. I'm not so sure there software is worth that much.
    AOL mail works just fine on Outlook 2003.
    Last edited by kschoenberg; 05/11/2004 at 08:23 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Your remark about the PalmOne email beta not supporting IMAP answers my question. That's what I'm using. I guess I'll have to wait for an email app for the Treo600 that supports IMAP. Rats!
    Has anyone tried Versamail?
    Problem with Versamail is, I can't get a demo!
    what are the aol server names for imap?