Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry for the delay but I just posted a new version of MovieRec v1.0x (v1.05) on my web site at http://www.infinityball.com. This version will work on ALL Treo 600s and does NOT have the ability to record sound. I've been looking to make another major release of v1.0x, however I haven't gotten enough feedback from users about bugs and feature request...if you have any please let me know. Later.
    so you are the creator of movie rec?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    Yes.
    wow.. a great app... good job
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob

LOL!! It seems the forum crash brought Ryan back his anonymity!

Anyway, nice to see an update! I'll report back shortly!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    This isn't so much Treo 600 related, but I just released v1.051 on my web site at www.infinityball.com. This version adds full support for the Zire 71 and patches a huge memory leak that doesn't seem to affect the Treo 600 for some reason.
    I have been using v 1.12, which I think is great The only problem I have is a reset when you try to exit the app after watching a stored video without closing it first. For example, I show off the video I have on the card. Then for some reason I want to go to another app, and if I try to go directly without first hitting "close" it does a soft reset.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by zamiv
    I have been using v 1.12, which I think is great The only problem I have is a reset when you try to exit the app after watching a stored video without closing it first. For example, I show off the video I have on the card. Then for some reason I want to go to another app, and if I try to go directly without first hitting "close" it does a soft reset.

Yeah this is the same bug that I fixed in v1.05....I'll have v1.13 released, with that problem fixed, sometime tommorrow after I test the app for awhile. Later.
    I am also using 1.12 occasionally and it works well, including the sound recording. I can report the same problem - sometimes exitting the app after video playback causes Treo to reset.

Few other things, which I have noticed:
    - the spacing between the controls on the preferenes form must be increased, because when using 5way nav, the focus ring overlaps the text of nearby controls. This is purely cosmetic.
    - while a movie is being recorded, the 5way navigation is not working, i.e., I have to tap with stylus/thumb the Stop button.
    - while a movie is being recorded, if you open the menu, the recording stops and if you try to exit MovieRec, Treo resets. Perhaps you should simply disable the menu in such case.
    hmmm, after producing the last of the above problems, my Treo is kinda weird - a soft or warm reset causes it to automatically repeat the reset a second time, after which it seems to work fine. Seems that this was caused by the last MovieRec crash (going to the menu while recording). I guess it was time for a hard reset/restore anyway :-).
    Weird thing, Ryan: I can access all my old movies, so I know I have my card working, and I can copy to my card, but I can't store directly to my card. Is that by design, or a bug?
    When I use this app and play a video then hit the phone, calendar or SMS buttons the Treo craches and needs to be reset or does a soft reset on it's own.

I am using v1.051.
    can I use movierec videos with lightwav's video callerID?? Will lightwav recognize the video?
    I think lightwav only recognizes Live! movies (another toysoft product)
    Thanks, Kayden. lame, though. stuck with one choice. not exactly a choice, eh?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    I am also using 1.12 occasionally and it works well, including the sound recording. I can report the same problem - sometimes exitting the app after video playback causes Treo to reset.

Few other things, which I have noticed:
    - the spacing between the controls on the preferenes form must be increased, because when using 5way nav, the focus ring overlaps the text of nearby controls. This is purely cosmetic.
    - while a movie is being recorded, the 5way navigation is not working, i.e., I have to tap with stylus/thumb the Stop button.
    - while a movie is being recorded, if you open the menu, the recording stops and if you try to exit MovieRec, Treo resets. Perhaps you should simply disable the menu in such case.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll get your ideas and bugs fixed in the next release. As for having to press the stop button button while recording you can actually just press the center button on the 5-way and it'll stop recording....the api function to give focus to the stop button works, but the stuff that highlights the button does not (so the stop button has focus, but is not highlighted)....does that make sense? I've got a question about the problem on the Treo dev forums, but nobody has answered yet on how to fix the problem. (if anybody knows how to manually highlight the button let me know) Later.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Weird thing, Ryan: I can access all my old movies, so I know I have my card working, and I can copy to my card, but I can't store directly to my card. Is that by design, or a bug?

After recording a movie you may choose to save it to the SD card then (top right corner has the destination)....or you can later choose to copy the movie to and from the SD card by highlighting a movie in the list and choose "copy". As for recording directly to the card it is not yet possible because of the SD card's access speeds....i'm working on some compression that will make it possible in the future, but not right now. Later.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    As for having to press the stop button button while recording you can actually just press the center button on the 5-way and it'll stop recording....the api function to give focus to the stop button works, but the stuff that highlights the button does not (so the stop button has focus, but is not highlighted)....does that make sense? I've got a question about the problem on the Treo dev forums, but nobody has answered yet on how to fix the problem. (if anybody knows how to manually highlight the button let me know) Later.
    :-) It does make sense, I only noticed the lack of focus ring, so I assumed it doesn't work - I tested it and I stand corrected on this.
    It's great to see you back Ryan.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    After recording a movie you may choose to save it to the SD card then (top right corner has the destination)....or you can later choose to copy the movie to and from the SD card by highlighting a movie in the list and choose "copy". As for recording directly to the card it is not yet possible because of the SD card's access speeds....i'm working on some compression that will make it possible in the future, but not right now. Later.
    In previous versions, I was able to do that, but I can't save to the card with the new version - no upper right option any longer - I have to save internally and copy later. EDIT: never mind. I found that the upper right menu was invisible, but accessible with the D-pad.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast