Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I never had a conflict between those two either.
    Anyone has an answer for post #122???
    Thanks,
    JoJo
    nice
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Anyone has an answer for post #122???
    Thanks,
    JoJo

JoJo,

I have Treo600-1.12/1030, but my firmware is 3.04.

I don't think it will work with your firmware.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    JoJo - not sure what the exact #s need to be on a GSM device - on sprint it's "Software: Treo600-1.20-SPR".

If you've done the firmware upgrade to the latest version that came out within the last month or so, you're okay - the one that allows sound recording. If not, you need to do that upgrade to have the latest version of MovieRec (which records sound) to work.
    Just re-downloaded 1.13, loaded on T600, and works. When I check version on my info on 600, still shows 1.12.
    Question - I took short movie, saved to SD card. Tried to attach to e-mail, but could not "find" the file. Only attachment options were Camera, Sound, or Document.
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by rcowperthwaite
    Just re-downloaded 1.13, loaded on T600, and works. When I check version on my info on 600, still shows 1.12.
    Question - I took short movie, saved to SD card. Tried to attach to e-mail, but could not "find" the file. Only attachment options were Camera, Sound, or Document.
    u must be using the handspring mail app. you cant attach any files that are created by app not on that list.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I am using the Handspring Mail. Any suggestions for another? Eudora, ????
    Bob
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Man this is a handy peice of software...is it me or does it seem like there is something new and useful for the T6 popping up every week!

Anyway, Ryan I hope you can help with this... I have version 1.13 and accidently soft reset the device while in the program. Now my movies play back at warp speed, like the fast forward button is stuck on a VCR. I am sure this is user error, but after several purposeful soft resets I can't get it back to normal...any ideas that would fix it?

Thanks.. (Sprint Phone w/ SanDisk SDcard)
    What?
    Thanks everyone.
    The problem is that I can't do the firmware upgrade b/c it lockes my unlocked, unbranded GSM phone.
    This sucks....I really like MovieRec
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Thanks everyone.
    The problem is that I can't do the firmware upgrade b/c it lockes my unlocked, unbranded GSM phone.
    This sucks....I really like MovieRec
    Have you tried the INT upgrade? That should leave you phone unlocked...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    No sound yet. While working with Ryan on the sound file format for SoundRec we figured what was going wrong. Ryan will be changing that in MovieRec and then the current version of mvrec2mpeg (0.30beta) will be able to convert the movierec file to Mpeg video and Wav audio files. After that it is just a matter of combining the two... I hope :-)

-chiru
    Since your trial period has expired...
    "This is a trial software written in Perl and then converted to standalone application (Windows OS) using Perl2exe (or Perlapp). This trial version expired on 04/22/04. If you are unable to run the program this is the reason."
    Is there any other way to convert a MovieRec video to be viewable on the Windows desktop? What about Windows Movie Maker, will that work?
    J
    The newest version of MovieRec can be converted using the Java version of mvrec2mpeg:

http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~puri/Treo600/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    The newest version of MovieRec can be converted using the Java version of mvrec2mpeg:

http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~puri/Treo600/
    Thank you Bujin. However, after downloading it, extracting it to a folder, and double-clicking on mvrec2mpeg.jar as Chiru instructed, I get "Windows cannot open this file:...To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it." Any advise now?
    J
    Yep. First, make sure you've downloaded the correct file. On the page I listed above, you'll see a file marked "mvrec2mpeg-0.30-beta.zip(0.30 beta)". That's the Windows version. If you can't open that particular version, it probably means you don't have Java installed on your computer. You'd need to get that here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Yep. First, make sure you've downloaded the correct file. On the page I listed above, you'll see a file marked "mvrec2mpeg-0.30-beta.zip(0.30 beta)". That's the Windows version. If you can't open that particular version, it probably means you don't have Java installed on your computer. You'd need to get that here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Hope that helps!
    Thanks! I'll give it a try...and if it works I'll be sure to try and send you an email containing the mini-movie of my daughter I'm trying to make.

Have a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend!
    J
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The Play button won't highlight. Apologies if this has been posted before.

After I record a movie it plays it back straight away. But then the Save, Don't Save and Play buttons appear but I can't move the focus to the Play button. This means I can't play the movie a second time without getting out the stylus. I assume this is just a programming oversight, and I can't find any way round it.

- Dave
    Dumb question alert: still no version that converts the MovieRec movie complete with sound, correct? Chiru, please don't consider this a nag - I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything...
    any new developments or upgrades in the works? just wondering. havent heard from ryan regarding movierec or soundrec recently, so just checking in again.

anything coming along?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been pointed out before. I've only just realised that converted MPGs are tiny compared to the original MVR files. This means that if you don't mind doing without sound you can convert MVR files to MPGs and then put them back on the Treo to be viewed with mmplayer. This way you can carry dozens of clips around.

- Dave
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast