Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks so much for that awesome app. I am new to this place and can't believe the wealth of goodies. I have owned my Treo 600 for 3 months and can't believe I waited so long.

Thanks again
    BPZ
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Virt
    Thanks for this app, it's very useful.

Top 2 development suggestions...

1. save in a format playable within Windows
    2. save to card

Excluding the use of uncompressed AVI format, the Treo 600's hardware is not fully capable of compressing data to an acceptable level of quality (eg high frame rate and audio quality) and saving directly to an SD card in real-time....the device is not fast enough. I am working on some things that will help, but it's nowhere near what can be done while saving to internal memory. Later.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Ryan,
    First off, congratulations and thanks on a great app...i love it love it love it.

I'm not sure if you're aware (I tried to go through the whole thread but it's quite long) but when you have little memory, MovieRec causes loop reset.

I didn't know about tapping on the upper right hand conner (nothing appears on my screen so i didn't know about that option prior to reading it on your website) so the whole time I thought that it was saving to my card.
    Anyways, i was fooling around with MovieRec last night and recorded a little. I noticed my internal memory turn to 52k from 7M. I went to your website and saw there that you have to tap on the right hand side upper conner, so i went into MovieRec again and click on record (without erasing the other movie and with 52k of RAM) and puff...Treo loop reset. Had to do a hard reset to get out of it.

After the hard reset I went into MovieRec and recorded again this time with 7M (I had to get it right) when I click on stop i click on the upper right hand conner and there popped the drop-bar/list. Eureka! of course i don't have to mention this won't happen to me again.

Anyways, now to what I wanted to ask in the first place...is it possible to add in some way something visual to the upper right hand conner? I would have never known that I had to tap there unless I didn't read it in your site as there is nothing physically that would remind you that you have to click on it...not sure if you understand what I mean. But just like in certain programs when you can save the files to either internal or the card there's an option where you can click on 'internal', lets say, which turns to card when you click on it.
    Hope I'm not being picky...just trying to save someone else out of a loop reset (or possibly just letting you know of a possible bug).
    Whew! Sorry for the long post
    What version of MovieRec are you running? The latest one shouldn't let you record if your memory goes below ~300kb. What you may want to do is copy the video from internal memory to your SD card and delete the video stored internally.....then from then on store the video to the SD card when you're asked to save/don't save the video. I'll look into the problem to see what would cause the looping reset....I've yet to experience it on my phone. Later.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdominguez
    Ryan,

In the future, do you think it will ever be possible to save movies directly to the SD card?

I've played with both Ultra II and regular (both new and empty), and when playing back movies on both, they are equal at 10fps. Anything faster than that and the video on both cards starts to get choppy.

However, the Ulta II is a LOT faster when saving to the card compared to the non Ultra..but playback on the card is equal.

I would buy the Ultra if I knew movierec could record straight to the card in the future...that would allow for longer video!
    I don't own an Ultra 2 card yet but I'm considering making a feature that would permit saving directly to the card at lower quality settings and letting the users with high speed cards experiment with what works. Later.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdominguez
    First off: Great app Ryan! It's definitely the coolest app for the Treo.

It's working great for me, except...after I'm finished playing the movies from my SD card, I switch to another program, and it will always reset.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

Are you switching to another app from the save/playback window? Later.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    Are you switching to another app from the save/playback window? Later.
    Ryan,

Mine crashes here too. Let me try to explain the situation...

1) Record a video
    2) Save it to SD card.
    3) Playback the video

While the treo has just finished playing the video, it will sit and remain on a screen with "close" and "play" buttons. While here, if you press the HOME button on the treo, it automatically resets. However, if the video was saved to internal memory instead of SD, this crash will not occur. Make sense?
    I think that your program is very nice, but recording videos that you can view only on the treo is useless. I think thta you might develop a simple program that converts the files in something viewable on the desktop computer. The two solution that you indicate on ininityball are not functional and they do not convert audio, wich is very important if you record a scene with people.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by cenz
    I think that your program is very nice, but recording videos that you can view only on the treo is useless. I think thta you might develop a simple program that converts the files in something viewable on the desktop computer. The two solution that you indicate on ininityball are not functional and they do not convert audio, wich is very important if you record a scene with people.

There are a few utilities that already do this and from my understanding they are working to get the audio playback to work as well. Later.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    Ryan,

Mine crashes here too. Let me try to explain the situation...

1) Record a video
    2) Save it to SD card.
    3) Playback the video

While the treo has just finished playing the video, it will sit and remain on a screen with "close" and "play" buttons. While here, if you press the HOME button on the treo, it automatically resets. However, if the video was saved to internal memory instead of SD, this crash will not occur. Make sense?

Yeah I was able to reproduce the problem when I pressed the home button while the video was playing....pressing it after it stopped didn't have any negative effects. I know what is causing the bug and I'll get it fixed asap. Later.
    hi ryan just a quick off topic question
    as if you weren't busy enough but is
    this a challenge you may be interested in?:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51393

regards

martin
    <<< insert witty comment here >>>
    What version of MovieRec are you running? The latest one shouldn't let you record if your memory goes below ~300kb. What you may want to do is copy the video from internal memory to your SD card and delete the video stored internally.....then from then on store the video to the SD card when you're asked to save/don't save the video. I'll look into the problem to see what would cause the looping reset....I've yet to experience it on my phone. Later.
    Hi Ryan,
    I have version 1.05.

What about the save/do not save screen...does it have a place where you can tell where to tap to save to internal or card? There's nothing there physically. Or is it that I have an old version? I only knew to tap on the upper right hand side conner b/c it says to do so on your website...but there's no button there.
    Hi Ryan,
    I have version 1.05.

What about the save/do not save screen...does it have a place where you can tell where to tap to save to internal or card? There's nothing there physically. Or is it that I have an old version? I only knew to tap on the upper right hand side conner b/c it says to do so on your website...but there's no button there.
    Thanks for your response.
    Regards,
    JoJo
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hi Ryan,
    I have version 1.05.

Thanks for your response.
    Regards,
    JoJo
    I think you need Version 1.13 JoJo.

http://www.infinityball.com/movierec110.aspx
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yeah I was able to reproduce the problem when I pressed the home button while the video was playing....pressing it after it stopped didn't have any negative effects. I know what is causing the bug and I'll get it fixed asap. Later.
    Great! Thanks Ryan...
    Yeah but that version (1.13) says that it needs the latest firmware upgrade which I believe is FW3.05.
    I don't have that firmware, I have FW 2.12.
    I tried to upgrade to FW3.04 once but it locked my unbranded unlocked Treo so I went with FW2.12 instead.
    I'm afraid to do the FW upgrade to 3.05 b/c

1. it might lock my phone again
    2. it takes away 'select network' which I need else my phone says 'no service' most of the time.

Another thing is when I checked the PalmOne update site it says "If your software version number is lower than 1.12, this software update is for you."
    And my software version IS 1.12.
    You originally said v1.05, sorry.
    I do...I have MovieRec version 1.051..
    The post above refers to Firmware versions, not MovieRec version.
    I have FW2.12, software 1.12 and to be able to upgrade to MovieRec version 1.13 it says that I need to have the latest Firmware upgrade from Palm which i believe is FW3.05.
    Awesome awesome awesome app.

Just so you know, the tone here might appear somewhat critical of your app, but believe me when I say "AWESOME".

I've contributed once, and plan on doing so again soon to help promote continuing work on your project.

Now for "my" question to the group here, I think there was some method of importing the individual JPG files into a movie editing program of some sort to assemble your own clip from the MovieRec files, does anyone know how to do this? Searched this forum and infinityball's forums and am seeing nothing. It was probably lost in the crash with every other in depth great piece of information on the Treos (that crash was an incredible waste of awesome Treo information, still amazes me that it was able to happen).

Anyway, my thought is that I know the individual JPG files from the camera look WAAAAY better than the converter program shows the video to be, and that there is a lot of "loss" of quality (as well as brightness) when using those MPG converters. Further evidence of this is that the movie looks tons better on the actual Treo than on the PC once converted. I'd like to play around with assembling my own vids... any info on importing my own JPGs from Movierec files would be appreciated.

Also, BTW, I have a Sprint Treo, and was able to convince my work to go with Treos for the whole department, and they went with AT&T. THE SPRINT TREO CAMERA IS WAAAAAY BETTER THAN THE AT&T (BOTH NEWEST FIRMARE UPDATE). The AT&T is still suffering tremendously with blue pixelation in dark areas, where the Sprint (held side by side) shows clean blackness in dark areas. The movierec sound quality seems equal. Also, the Sprint consistantly outperforms the AT&T when racing them side by side with large attachments in Snappermail or downloading larger files with WebPro. (Not surprising, CDMA is indeed "supposed" to be faster.) The AT&T has WAAY better signal in the Pittsburgh area however, which is making me lean that way, I'll probably be switching.

Anyone wanting anything compared between the two, just say the word while I still have my Sprint. Start a new thread however.
    Last edited by mk3cn4; 05/28/2004 at 08:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    Just wanted to chime in and state that the latest version of MovieREC won't save after I record a video. I just get a hissing noise and it sits there. Showing no data/movie recorded. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    Just wanted to chime in and state that the latest version of MovieREC won't save after I record a video. I just get a hissing noise and it sits there. Showing no data/movie recorded. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

What phone model do you have and how much free memory do you have?
    Later.