Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    downloaded 1.12 with my sprint treo and seem to be having the same problem reported in this forum about unit crashing after 8 seconds. voice works fine if you leave it under the 8 seconds.Ryan any fix in the works this program keeps getting better and better.

Fred
    How much internal memory do you have?
    ryan i have 8 meg of memory

Fred
    If you have the framerate cranked way up you can chew up memory pretty quickly - not sure if you can get up to 1MB per sec tho...

FYI - I got some pretty decent looking video down at 10 frames per second, but I had to keep the color depth up at 16 bit to have it look decent.

What frame rates and color depth settings do most folks use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    However, you probably could put them on speakerphone and record both sides of the conversation, correct? I'm not sure when it would be important (or legal) to record phone conversations, but just curious.
    [QUOTE=Bujin]However, you probably could put them on speakerphone and record both sides of the conversation, correct? Audacity says yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    You're running out of space on the internal storage. The video is first recorded to internal memory, then it gets saved to the SD card. Later.
    I'm having this problem too I'm only able to record a couple of seconds with sound.

How much space should we have on Internal memory? (I'm trying to make room but having a problem figuring out what can go and what needs to stay to keep everything working as some files are not clearly 3rd party.)

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    From my understanding it's legal to record any conversation that you're apart of....however it cannot be used in court as evidence.

it depends on the location.

didn't linda tripp get in trouble for recording monika lewinsky's phone calls?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    is the a conversion program for clips with sound?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I'm having this problem too I'm only able to record a couple of seconds with sound.

How much space should we have on Internal memory? (I'm trying to make room but having a problem figuring out what can go and what needs to stay to keep everything working as some files are not clearly 3rd party.)

Thanks

Depends on how much video you're trying to save.....a couple seconds of video wouldn't need much space.....there may be a memory leak in the app that's causing it to crash. As soon as I get the Palm update for my phone I'll be able to debug it later and release an update that hopefully fixes the problem. I'm also considering adding the ability to record directly to the SD card. Later.
    I can't change the frame rate (Frames per Second) in Movierec. Is anyone else having this problem? I can change the bit depth and volume in preferences, but the frames per second won't change. I can't record very much at all because it records at full speed.

BTW Soundrec is fantastic too!!! All I wanted from the t600 was the ability to do a fast voice note when I don't have time (or both hands free) to use the keyboard.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymac
    I can't change the frame rate (Frames per Second) in Movierec. Is anyone else having this problem? I can change the bit depth and volume in preferences, but the frames per second won't change. I can't record very much at all because it records at full speed.

BTW Soundrec is fantastic too!!! All I wanted from the t600 was the ability to do a fast voice note when I don't have time (or both hands free) to use the keyboard.

The frame rate adjustment isn't fully implemented because of the way I'm recording the video and audio at the same time...i should have that fixed in the next release. Later.
    In any case. ....s'ware should detect when getting low on memory and force a stop to the recording (with some suitible memory warning so users dont get confused)
    Probably should figure out what the OS needs to operate such as 1MB free or something reasonable and set that as the threshold.

Im not being overly critical .....just a sugestion ...Im in awe of this software..
    .no sig.
  12.    #72  
    I just uploaded MovieRec v1.13 to my web site at http://www.infinityball.com/. This version includes some bug fixes and I've added a "recording quality" slider in the preferences. This will allow you to reduce the frame rate and audio quality of the recordings, thus saving space. I went ahead and released v1.13 early so it doesn't have several of the other new features that I've been working on (eg AVI export, compression, etc.) because those features are still very buggy and I wanted to get some bug fixes released asap. Let me know if it works, later.

Oh yeah I almost forgot....you need to have more than 300kb+ of free space on your Treo or it will not record.
    That's very cool, Ryan! Thanks!

Go the numbers actually have a value, or are they arbitrary? In other words, does the top framerate refer to 20 fps?
    I installed 1.13 on top of 1.12 and was unable to get it to work. It seemed like it was recording, but would only make a couple of odd noises and no video on playback. I am using 3.04/1.12 currently. Went back to MovieRec 1.12 and all is fine.

Next try: I deleted 1.12 completely, and then installed 1.13 fresh. This worked ok, now app works as intended. I think it may be that my prior framerate setting of 30 exceeded the current 20 max in the new version, and it was saved in a preference file of some sort. When it was deleted 1.13 created a new proper setting.
    Last edited by zamiv; 05/18/2004 at 11:00 PM.
    1.13 works fine for me. Notice improved sound quality and smoother video!

Thanks Ryan
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    seems to work fine - no problems to install over 1.12 and record.
    two things I noticed - you have changed the dialog to say 1.13, but the application still is compiled as 1.12.
    the second is that, as before, the 5way navigation focus rings on the preferences form still overlap the labels of the controls above and below the item, which is in focus - you should leave 1-2 pixels more distance between the controls.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    That's very cool, Ryan! Thanks!

Go the numbers actually have a value, or are they arbitrary? In other words, does the top framerate refer to 20 fps?

Kind of.....the slider is a suggested value for your PDA, so with it set to 20 it'll attempt a minimum of 20fps, but realistically you'll get higher than 20fps (probably around 25-30). Later.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi, Ryan - I have a 1Gb SanDisk SD card in my Treo 600 and it tests at a VFSMark of 231. Is that fast enough for you to enable recording/saving directly to the SD Card? Thanks!
    Last edited by mkertzman; 05/19/2004 at 06:04 PM. Reason: clarification
    hey ryan

just wanted to help you, seeing as you have
    done so much for everyone here lately

just a tip: the palmone link on your site
    doesn't open a new window, it redirects
    i.e. you lose your visitors...perhaps it would
    be wise to make it open a new window/ tab?
    just trying to help
    (great apps btw)

cheers martin
    <<< insert witty comment here >>>
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkertzman
    Hi, Ryan - I have a 1Gb SanDisk SD card in my Treo 600 and it tests at a VFSMark of 231. Is that fast enough for you to enable recording/saving directly to the SD Card? Thanks!
    Wow, actually that's horribly slow. The cards I've tested on my Zodiac/T3 about 2x-3x that speed. It is possible to save to the SD card but the frame rate and image quality will have to be reduced. Later.