Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 176
  1. #41  
    Is it just me or does MovieRec crash when you run out of RAM while recording?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  2. #42  
    Yes...it crashes and leaves your treo in a state where lots of other programs crash your treo too almost a crashing loop untill you can get Filez or something to delete a large file such as one of the VIDEO files from ram
    .no sig.
  3. #43  
    really cool app..when i save a movie to my card the audio/video playback is choppy while saving internally it is fine..is that an inevitable setback due to memory card speeds or is there a way to fix it? would it be possible to list the size of the movie by the title? also can't wait for the sound recorder app
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    really cool app..when i save a movie to my card the audio/video playback is choppy while saving internally it is fine..is that an inevitable setback due to memory card speeds or is there a way to fix it? would it be possible to list the size of the movie by the title? also can't wait for the sound recorder app
    I'm having choppy playback issues as well - I'm assuming that it's due to memory card speeds. I just copy movies to internal memory as I watch them and then erase the copies when finished. (Luckily copying to internal memory only takes a couple of seconds.)
  5. #45  
    I just updated with the Sprint updater. I tried the sound version of Movierec, but it causes a soft reset after like 10 seconds. Is this an issue with Movierec and the Sprint update or do I run out of memory. I have 7 leg free internally.

    Also, does the recording stream to the card or does it get saved into internal memory first and then you must transfer it manually to the sd card?
  6. #46  
    The first time I saved a MovieRec clip on a card, I had the same choppy playback. But more recently, I have not had that problem. I also changed SD cards, from a 256mb Sandisk to a 1gb Sandisk. Don't know if that's the reason, though. In any case, playback from the SD card is very smooth now.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    The first time I saved a MovieRec clip on a card, I had the same choppy playback. But more recently, I have not had that problem. I also changed SD cards, from a 256mb Sandisk to a 1gb Sandisk. Don't know if that's the reason, though. In any case, playback from the SD card is very smooth now.
    Have app on card, still think it looks at internal memory before you get a chance to save ?

    Only runs a few seconds. 2 Megs Internal, 125 Megs External SD left.
  8. #48  
    *** Rookie MovieRec question *** What's the easiest way, if there is a way, to get the movies that are taken onto a PC and into a reasonable format (MPG, WMV, whatever).

    And if SoundRec comes out at the cost of EasyNotes and the ease of use of Audacity, you'll be a rich man!!! I've got 29 days left on my Audacity demo - the countdown to my need for SoundRec has started!
  9. #49  
    Is there a way to do viceversa? to convert a movie from mpeg to something visible in movierec with your program?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    What about SoundRec, Ryan? When will we see a beta of that?
    Dont forget to include a "hot button" to program to activate SoundRec during a phone call to record an important call!

    Just my $0.02 worth..... great job on MovieRec!!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  11.    #51  
    Running out of memory while running MovieRec or any other application (regardless of what platform you're running on), is not good for the system and ran cause the application/system to crash. You should be aware of the amount of space you've got available and try not to fill the entire space. In future versions of MovieRec I'll add checks to make sure you do not run out of space while recording and add indications of how much space the movies occupy on the system.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    *** Rookie MovieRec question *** What's the easiest way, if there is a way, to get the movies that are taken onto a PC and into a reasonable format (MPG, WMV, whatever).

    And if SoundRec comes out at the cost of EasyNotes and the ease of use of Audacity, you'll be a rich man!!! I've got 29 days left on my Audacity demo - the countdown to my need for SoundRec has started!
    You can save the movies to your SD card then use Chiru's tools to convert them to MPG's, etc.

    SoundRec will be free. I do most of my development as a hobby and I personally feel that a sound recording application should have been included in with the firmware update as it's an important feature to have on a PDA....so i figure since I have to make one for myself I might as well go ahead and let others use it.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by cenz
    Is there a way to do viceversa? to convert a movie from mpeg to something visible in movierec with your program?
    Not really. What I would recommend is that you convert the movies using Chiru's tools then use something like Kinoma or MMPlayer to playback the video. MovieRec's video is uncompressed and takes up a lot of space. Later.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBragg
    Dont forget to include a "hot button" to program to activate SoundRec during a phone call to record an important call!

    Just my $0.02 worth..... great job on MovieRec!!

    I've been playing around with recording phone calls using SoundRec, however it appears that the sound that comes from the phone hardware cannot be accessed by the OS.....so all you can record is what you say and you cannot record the other person(s) on the phone line. I'll keep playing around with it, but right now it doesn't look possible. Later.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    I just updated with the Sprint updater. I tried the sound version of Movierec, but it causes a soft reset after like 10 seconds. Is this an issue with Movierec and the Sprint update or do I run out of memory. I have 7 leg free internally.

    Also, does the recording stream to the card or does it get saved into internal memory first and then you must transfer it manually to the sd card?

    This is interesting. Did you remove the previous version of MovieRec before installing v1.12? Also, you should have sufficient space to save several seconds of video/audio using MovieRec. While recording the video is saved to internal memory, after recording you can either keep it internal or move it to the SD card.....currently the speed of the SD card does not permit recording directly to the card. Later.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Have app on card, still think it looks at internal memory before you get a chance to save ?

    Only runs a few seconds. 2 Megs Internal, 125 Megs External SD left.

    You're running out of space on the internal storage. The video is first recorded to internal memory, then it gets saved to the SD card. Later.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    The first time I saved a MovieRec clip on a card, I had the same choppy playback. But more recently, I have not had that problem. I also changed SD cards, from a 256mb Sandisk to a 1gb Sandisk. Don't know if that's the reason, though. In any case, playback from the SD card is very smooth now.

    This is interesting....have you run VFSMark on the card to see what kind of speeds you're getting??? If you get anything decent I'll go ahead and add the ability to save directly to the SD card. Later.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    I've been playing around with recording phone calls using SoundRec, however it appears that the sound that comes from the phone hardware cannot be accessed by the OS.....so all you can record is what you say and you cannot record the other person(s) on the phone line. I'll keep playing around with it, but right now it doesn't look possible. Later.
    However, you probably could put them on speakerphone and record both sides of the conversation, correct? I'm not sure when it would be important (or legal) to record phone conversations, but just curious.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    However, you probably could put them on speakerphone and record both sides of the conversation, correct? I'm not sure when it would be important (or legal) to record phone conversations, but just curious.

    From my understanding it's legal to record any conversation that you're apart of....however it cannot be used in court as evidence.
  20. #60  
    downloaded 1.12 with my sprint treo and seem to be having the same problem reported in this forum about unit crashing after 8 seconds. voice works fine if you leave it under the 8 seconds.Ryan any fix in the works this program keeps getting better and better.

    Fred
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions