1.    #1  
    i've been putting off getting an SD card for my treo 600 but now that live has been released (allows your treo to record video by taking up to 2000 jpeg frames) i need to get one.

i remember when the treo first came out there were some warnings about SD cards that didn't fit correctly in the treo. can anyone report which ones work/don't work? i'd hate to get stuck with something that pops out when you least expect it.

thanks
    I have PNY and sandisk cards. They go on sale just about every week.

128mb = about $40 after rebate
    256mb = about $60 after rebate

Dunno how much larger cards cost, its hard to fill 256mb just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidspice
    i remember when the treo first came out there were some warnings about SD cards that didn't fit correctly in the treo. can anyone report which ones work/don't work? i'd hate to get stuck with something that pops out when you least expect it.

thanks
    They dont exactly pop out onto the floor, they pull out a little. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $all$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $filed$ $down$. $Mine$ $arent$ $filed$ $at$ $all$, $and$ $they$ $only$ $pop$ $out$ $every$ $few$ $days$.
    I recommend getting a 32X card. They are faster for audio and video type recording.
  5.    #5  
    so i got a card and it definitely needs to be filed down. anyone have any thoughts on this process? obviously i don't want to damage the card. has anyone filed one down too far and ruined it?
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    I have PNY and sandisk cards. They go on sale just about every week.

128mb = about $40 after rebate
    256mb = about $60 after rebate

Dunno how much larger cards cost, its hard to fill 256mb just yet.
    $44 after rebates for the Sandisk 256 at Best Buy this week.
    File down a SD card? Anyone got some nice intructions on how to do this safely? Mine does pop-out every few days.......too bad I can't lock it in there with a switch or something on the Treo 600.
    Use an emery board or something like that - keep filing it until it's flush with the top of the Treo (take it out, file it, put it back in, check it with your finger - note that it's not symmetric); use a black sharpie to color the top so it blends with the color of the treo, and viola!
    Just my two cents on this, but I am going to have to return my SanDisk 256 SD card because files on it become corrupt half the time I transfer files from my computer to the card. After I started having all these problems I checked on-line and found several other people have had problems with the 128+ SD cards from Sandisk.

I now have a PNY 256 Card and it works like a champ. It cost a little bit more, but what good is a card that corrupts your files? Unfortunately I bought my Sandisk on-line so I'm in for an ordeal to get a replacement. <sigh>
    Yea its a little late, but $38 for a 256Mb SD Kingston card.
    Found at www.NewEgg.com
    Part # N82E16820160023
    It could only get better than this if it were a 1Gb
    Mux
    What is the highest capacity they have out now for SD?
    I owned both a PocketPC Axim x5 and Treo 600. Lexar has sale now. I owned a pny 512MB.

CompUSA has Lexar 512 SD for $99.00 (memorial day special, after $20 instant + $20 mail-in rebates), item number 310447. Link below:
    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...0447&pfp=srch1
    Last edited by siewlim; 05/30/2004 at 10:17 PM.
    Believe highest capacity SD card now (5/30/2004) is 1 Gig, though I'm not sure if Treo 600 can handle it.