1.    #1  
    Changing the Calendar views (i.e. from Day to Week view) by pressing the default calendar button repeatedly doesn't work (anymore). Have changed the settings (in Preferences > Button Views) to see if that affects it. No luck. Anyone else experienced this problem? Or better, solved the problem?
    This is in Preferences....and is, as Mol would say, sooooo RTFM.

Preferences, Button View, touching the various views toggles them on and off. Highlighted/blue indicates that it will be displayed when the calendar button is pressed. Works fine for me.
  3.    #3  
    As mentioned in my post, I'm very aware of the Preferences and how to turn the views on and off, however, the problem is that it nevertheless doesn't work. This is not a question about the functionality of the Treo, but about a problem.
  4. pkb
    I have the same problem now!

Strange. I am in the 45 day demo period for Datebk5. This morning I woke up and the calendar was showing January 29, 2024. I deleted Datebk5 and soft reset. The calendar went back to the correct day (i.e. June 14, 2004) but now the calendar hard button will not move between views---whatever is set as the initial view remains, regardless of how I modify the preferences for the button views.

Very strange. As it was the only thing to have changed I suspect Datebk5 is the culprit somehow (I could move between different calendar views before I uninstalled it) so perhaps I should badger them. Quite an annoying bug, and one that makes me wonder...
    My solution: Go to prefs, buttons, and hit the Default button. You'll have to remap any buttons you previously changed...but it successfully restores the functionality of the calendar button with the built-in calendar app.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    This is definitely a Datebk 5 problem, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed in all this time. I've always had this issue, since the days of my Visor Deluxe.

Datebk 5 is easily my favorite all-time Palm application, so I've always been willing to overlook this bug. But I do think it strange that it's never been addressed.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Nevermind. I'm the *****. I just read through the FAQs on the website. You have to make a minor adjustment for the Treo, since the Calendar button is the second button on the Treo, instead of the first.

Go into Preferences for Datebk 5, click on the Views tab. Where it says "Date" under "Date Button Uses" there's a popup arrow. Choose "2" in that popup list, and the calendar button will now toggle between the views specified.

RTFM indeed. And all this time I've been scratching my head for nothing.

Joe
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  8. pkb
    Joe, that's to fix the calendar views issue while running Datebk5. My problem is that when I removed Datebk5 from my system it took the ability to switch between calendar views with it! So, I no longer have Datebk5 and I also (unfortunately) no longer can switch between calendar views!

I've been through the FAQ on the Datebk5 site and tried the "default" settings as described above. Neither has the answer.

Datebk5 stole my calendar views and won't give them back!
    Quote Originally Posted by pkb
    Joe, that's to fix the calendar views issue while running Datebk5. My problem is that when I removed Datebk5 from my system it took the ability to switch between calendar views with it! So, I no longer have Datebk5 and I also (unfortunately) no longer can switch between calendar views!

I've been through the FAQ on the Datebk5 site and tried the "default" settings as described above. Neither has the answer.

Datebk5 stole my calendar views and won't give them back!
    Did you read my post? That will solve your problem.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Yeah. Catbert's suggestion definitely works. I tried it before I discovered my "fix."
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  11. pkb
    Did you read my post? That will solve your problem.[
    Yes, I read it. I appreciate the thought, but your fix addresses a problem other than mine, sadly.

The problem is NOT that the calendar function does not map to the calendar app...it is that the calendar button, when in the calander app, does not scroll through different views (day, week, month, etc).
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    PKB. Catbert's suggestion DID restore the calendar button's ability to scroll through the views. At least for me. Hitting the DEFAULT button should wipe out any preferences for the use of those buttons in general, including anything that Datebk 5 did.

If you've tried it, and the scrolling still doesn't work, then you may have a more serious problem.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  13. pkb
    Apparently you had a different problem than I did; as I stated initially that simply did not solve the problem on mine, though I appreciate the suggestion. I'm glad that your problem was solved, though!

It would be strange for the "default" trick which only affects settings for the five-way in phone mode to affect the calendar button though, wouldn't it?

I'll contact Datebk5, as their software appears to have caused this problem.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Good idea. I hope you aren't forced to do a hard reset over this. I wonder if there's a preference file for the calendar app that could be erased using Filez?

Since Datebk5 and the default calendar are so intertwined (they use the same database), it makes sense that Datebk 5 could have corrupted one of the files the default calendar uses.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I had a very similar problem when I installed 1 Button Pro/Launcher from Evans Software and on PalmGear. Once I removed the application by deleting it, it left all my repeat button presses disabled. I recommend avoiding this application for this reason.

The only solution I could find that worked perfectly was to delete my Save Preferences file. I am sure I could have figured out eventualy which of my Saved Preference records was the culprit but I went for the quick fix. This file is where the system stores button behavior settings.
  16. pkb
    Hmm...that seems one way to do it. How difficult was it to rebuild that information once you deleted it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkb
    Hmm...that seems one way to do it. How difficult was it to rebuild that information once you deleted it?
    If memory serves me correctly, once saved preferences are deleted, it rebuilds once you start using the Treo again. I think as far as saved stuff, you have to re-enter all that info again.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I'm having a problem now that I got a replacement Treo and tried to do a restore device from Backup Man. I've found if I restore all other than the Saved Preferences it is fine, but then I lose all my saved preferences (obviously). Is there a way to find which saved preference is the problem so I don't lose everything?