1.    #1  
    I have no problem initiating a Verichat IM session. When a buddy attempts to initiate an IM session, either of two things happen:

1. Nothing at all - no alert - no call.

2. The IM is "answered" by SMS message. The heading is always from "Email Gateway with [a bunch of numbers]@c.verichat.com". I reply but my buddy doesn't get it.

What am I doing wrong?
    The sms alerts should only occur if you're not physically in the Verichat app itself, but are still logged on. The Verichat servers keep yo logged on in the backround and sends you sms alerts if some one tries to IM you. If you are in the Verichat app, then you shoudl be able to chat directly...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Then how do I get from the sms screen to the verichat screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyTreo
    Then how do I get from the sms screen to the verichat screen?
    When you receive an sms alert that some one is sending you an IM, there should be a chat now button or something. If you click that, you should be sent directly into the Verichat chat screen...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    GFunkMagic,

How's that Verichat 2 coming along?. I should have keep in touch with those guys (PDAAPPS). I might gotten a chance to try beta version 2....

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I have no idea about verichat 2... Hopefully there's something in the works though as other clients like Chatopus seem alot more interesting these days imo...