1.    #1  
    Are there any hidden files on the SD card? I have many applications installed on it. I want to upgrade to a bigger card. Using my SD card reader can I just insert the current card, copy it's entire contents to my PC, then insert the new card and paste the copied files to the new card?

Is it that easy? Will all my apps then run or are there some files that won't transfer that easily making it messy?
    And to add a little more to the question, if you use ZLancher to move apps to the card, will this still work correctly, or do you have to move the apps back to the palm, then to the new card?

Louis
    All you need to do is copy and paste. I've done ths before and it works fine. However, make sure you name the card volume label the same on both cards as this may cause conflicts from my experience especially with apps like bluesync etc. As far as zlauncher, there shoudl not be any problems...

P.S. If you have bluesync, then all you need to do is select 'handheld overwrites card" and the new card will be restored to the data on your current card...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Are there any hidden files on the SD card? I have many applications installed on it. I want to upgrade to a bigger card. Using my SD card reader can I just insert the current card, copy it's entire contents to my PC, then insert the new card and paste the copied files to the new card?

Is it that easy? Will all my apps then run or are there some files that won't transfer that easily making it messy?
    If there were hidden files on the Palm, they wouldn't appear hidden on a PC, yes it is that easy with a card reader.
  5.    #5  
    Just upgraded from a 64 MB card to a 256 MB card.

The copy/paste method worked perfectly.

Thanks all.
    But what if I have no way except the Treo of reading the card? How can I install a bigger card and copy my files to it? The best I can imagine is to keep transferring them to the Treo, put in the bigger card, transfer them over to the big card, then put in the small one, erase the files on the Treo and transfer another batch of them. That's going to take a long long time. Any ideas?
    Last edited by mdavis; 07/07/2004 at 08:21 PM.
    The fastest way is doing it with the card reader. I got a sandisk reader from Circuit city for $15.00 It took about 5 minutes to transfer 64MB from the my old SD card to my new one. You can also try Card export II. See a couple of links below.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=card+reader

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/