1.    #1  
    Hi all,

After missing Bluetooth too much, I switched to running an SE T610 and a Tungsten T3. However, I found that I missed the Treo 600 too much, so I'm now running it as well. However, I have not managed to find a way to synchronise my T3 and my Treo to the same account.

Does anyone know the best way to manage synchronising two different Palm platforms to the same user?
    I did the following:

1. To exchange data between the tt3 and the treo I use Adv.Backup (I select the files to exchange)

2. At the desktop I wrote a batch-file to switch the backup-folders
    2a. sync treo: backup -> backup.tt3 and backup.treo -> backup
    2b. sync tt3: backup -> backup.treo and backup.tt3 -> backup

3. to use on both pdas the same iSilo-files, I made a batch-file wich copys alway new files into a temp-folder and back to the iSilo-folder

Works really fine!

gany

I am curious to how this would work out, but I just cant see trying it.

The first thing that occurs to me is not everything with the T|600 and T|T3 are compatible, especially when we start talking resolution. And also, not all apps will work in a vice versa fashion.

For example, I use MegaComm as my file manager, the MC for the T|600 will not work on the T|T3. I had to install low resolution MC on the Treo and high on the Tungsten.

So I guess my question here would be how do you get all apps to be compatible with both devices when they're not?

Quote Originally Posted by gany
    I did the following:

1. To exchange data between the tt3 and the treo I use Adv.Backup (I select the files to exchange)

2. At the desktop I wrote a batch-file to switch the backup-folders
    2a. sync treo: backup -> backup.tt3 and backup.treo -> backup
    2b. sync tt3: backup -> backup.treo and backup.tt3 -> backup

3. to use on both pdas the same iSilo-files, I made a batch-file wich copys alway new files into a temp-folder and back to the iSilo-folder

Works really fine!

gany
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4.    #4  
    Scandalex,

Gany's solution fixes this problem. The backup directory contains all the applications which you install, and is, hence, the only real source of incompatibility. Of course, I now have some data files from the T3 on my Treo and vice-versa, but I have not yet found any problems with this (wasted space aside).

David
    Thanks David. I guess for me it was a lot simpler to just create another name for my new device. There are some things that I want on the T|600 and not on the T|T3 and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by dshirley
    Scandalex,

Gany's solution fixes this problem. The backup directory contains all the applications which you install, and is, hence, the only real source of incompatibility. Of course, I now have some data files from the T3 on my Treo and vice-versa, but I have not yet found any problems with this (wasted space aside).

David
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  6.    #6  
    It is a chore, but by having two backup directories, you can maintain different application sets on two devices. For me, it was more important to have all the data available on both devices than the ease of use of having two profiles (some things like your calendar and contact data can be synchronised across two profiles, other things, such as your SplashID data, for example, can't).

Cheers,

David