1.    #1  
    I am unable to send mail on my bellsouth acct with my T600.
    I am using T-Mobile and have the SMTP server setup exactly as it is supposed to? (Atleast I think so). I am able to receive POP3 mail on this acct but I cannot send.
    Any idea what I need to do?
    Thanks all!!!
    Not sure exactly how it is with TMo, but with Sprint you want to use Sprint's SMTP outbound mail server regardless of who the inbound mail provider is. It's common for SMTP server providers to reject email coming from outside of their network (e.g. Bellsouth rejecting email coming from TMo) because of Spam, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddoc
    I am unable to send mail on my bellsouth acct with my T600.
    I am using T-Mobile and have the SMTP server setup exactly as it is supposed to? (Atleast I think so). I am able to receive POP3 mail on this acct but I cannot send.
    Any idea what I need to do?
    Thanks all!!!
    Have a look here. It gives ISP settings....

http://www.cewindows.net/wce/isp.htm
    myemail.t-mobile.com is the smtp server.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks - but the above solutions did not work. I originally had mail.bellsouth.com as the smtp server.
    myemail.t-mobile did not fix it.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks
    dumb question, but did you confirm you are using the appropriate ID/PWD for the SMTP server, i.e. the TMO one (not the bellsouth one)?
  7.    #7  
    Problem fixed!!!

I used Felipe's suggestion and omitted the user name for the outgoing mail. It's amazing that neither T-Mo nor PalmOne told me about this.
    I appreciate everyone's help
    Just a note, should anyone else be reading this thread but not have Tmo as their service provider...another option is to sign up for a free Fastmail.fm acct and use that smtp server!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    what would be the correct entry if I have sprintpcs as service.. but I have tried to play with it and I can't get it to work. my pop3 is
    pop.east.cox.net
    I tought that my outgoing would be
    smtp.east.cox.net but this does not work.. can anyoneplease tell me how to set it up so I can send out going mail.. thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    what would be the correct entry if I have sprintpcs as service.. but I have tried to play with it and I can't get it to work. my pop3 is
    pop.east.cox.net
    I tought that my outgoing would be
    smtp.east.cox.net but this does not work.. can anyoneplease tell me how to set it up so I can send out going mail.. thanx
    No one should help this guy. He's openly asked for cracked software and then lied about something regarding it.
    I tried to delete my posting about the cracked software and I went ahead and purchased again the pocket tunes.. So you need to stop flaming people.. and by the way I solved my problem with the email problem after doing some reading.
    you need to stop bashing people. as you noticed a Mod when in and closed it with out saying anything. atleast I tried to delete my thread right away. but here you come to all my posting and start bashing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    you need to stop bashing people. as you noticed a Mod when in and closed it with out saying anything. atleast I tried to delete my thread right away. but here you come to all my posting and start bashing me.
    I haven't even begun bashing you yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    No one should help this guy. He's openly asked for cracked software and then lied about something regarding it.
    He and about a half billion other people in the internet. So what?

Cox only allows the use of their SMTP servers from within their network (smtp.east.cox.net is the right address, btw). SMTP is independant of where your mail is actually stored; you're supposed to use the SMTP server of whatever ISP you're dialed up to, regardless of where you're checking mail from. Really, *any* SMTP server will work, but it would be fastest to use Sprint or Verizon's.