Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    for a few years now, i've used AIM for Palm downloaded from the AOL UK site, as it was free.

it seems silly to me to have to pay for AIM, since it's free to nearly everyone that uses it. apparently though, AOL has closed that loophole, and that version no longer works.

Is anyone aware of any loopholes for AIM that may exist, i.e. any other free versions?

thanks,
    Tree
    Rather than try to find loopholes, just suck it up and buy Chatter or some other IM program. You'll probably spend more time finding a free version that doesn't work as well. Just my opinion.
    Rather than using a piece of software that costs $$$, why not first try http://www.imforwards.com. I've been using their service since I got my Treo, and I've found it pretty decent for the light-duty messaging I do.

If you're a heavy-duty IM user, though, you might be best served by purchasing a solid commercial multi-IM platform for your Treo.

For me, though... imforwards.com does the job.

-ccrochet
    the uk version you mentioned still seems to be working for me on my T600 with sprint.
    300, 600, 755p, Pre
    still working on t-Mobile.
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    AIM still works and it is still downloadable from aol
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    o yea and its still FREE
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

where is it free? I can't find a free or even demo download.
    its some where in aol keyword "aol on you mobile"

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Thanks, that is exactly what I have been searching for
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    AIM still works and it is still downloadable from aol
    What am I doing wrong? I can install it and "login",but it does not pull my buddy list off the server and if I try to send a msg to user I know is online, is tells me that the user is unavailable. Any ideas? Have any of you had to tweak this program to make it work?
    I just downloaded it. It works, but it's kind of quirky. It doesn't show everyone on my buddy list that I know is currently logged on and it doesn't clear the message after it has been sent so I have to delete it before sending another. Strange, but FREE! :-)
    yeh i got my aim from there too.
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Yuck! That aim app is just plain lame. You guys should try verichat or chatter and if you have a problem paying for either one, well chatter is worth it since its the only email app that has true push email and verichat's price I will agree, is a bit insane but, I hope you resourceful people will figure out there's always ways around that.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    Yuck! That aim app is just plain lame. You guys should try verichat or chatter and if you have a problem paying for either one, well chatter is worth it since its the only email app that has true push email and verichat's price I will agree, is a bit insane but, I hope you resourceful people will figure out there's always ways around that.

Can you shoot me an e-mail at makinbank@______hotmail.com please? I had a couple questions about AIM.