Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Looks like it's only ONE earbud, how can it be stereo? Anyone out there got this feller? Of two different Sprint Stores in Chicago (one on Lasalle St., one on Division), neither have had it and neither have any knowledge of it. I tell em its on their website and they just shrug their shoulders...
    FM Stereo Headset [View Product]
    This universal hands-free earbud makes it possible to listen to FM radio! Includes an in-line microphone, integrated answer/end switch and attached collar/shirt clip. The radio volume is between 95-100db and can be adjusted using a thumbwheel control.
    link to page @ Sprint (itsabout halfway down the page)
    link to pic
    I just bought the Seidio Treo 600 2 in 1 headset and its ok but I'd like to hear my local FM too.
    Palm III - Kyo 6035 -Treo 600
  2. #2  
    Stereo is actually sort of a Typo..
    It is only 1 earbud, but the sound is excellent!

    Also, if you look around you can find adapters so you can use any normal stereo headset you own.
    Last edited by tpwalker1980; 05/08/2004 at 10:06 PM. Reason: a
  3. #3  
    I went by the Sprint store about a month ago looking for this (or a similar product) and this one looks like the one they had in the store. They only had two and the sales person said they were closing them out.

    I had heard some horror stories about plugging in earbuds and headsets to the Treo600's unique plug so we tried it on THEIR store Treo600. After about 2 minutes of trying to hear FM or get the earbud to pick up the phone sounds, the batteries inside the FM receiver module got very hot so she unplugged it.

    I didnt have my "adapter plug" with me so I dont know if that would have corrected the problem or not. Needless to say, I didnt buy it until I found out more or tested it further.

    The one shown on the Sprint page could be a new one and perhaps some of those other FM/mic/earbud units like they sell at other stores (Best Buy, Frys, Circuit City etc.) may work with the adapter plug.... just havent tried it yet.

    However, I am REALLY interested in such a device that is compatible with the Treo600! Between that and my PocketTunes, I would have the ultimate device with everthing consolidated into one!

    ... besides, makes the time go by quicker in those long meetings and pesky old court appearances!!

    Anyone with info on a truly compatible Treo600 FM/mic earbud... PLEASE let me know!!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  4. #4  
    Does this only work on the Sprint model?
  5. #5  
    bump.... im interested to hear how this works. A lot of inexpensive phones have these built in.
  6. #6  
    Is the tuner for FM in the headset?
    The Toad
  7. #7  
    i remember having a really small headset fm radio before that broke... it was about the same size and it worked without the use of any hardware. If I could get one that served more than one purpose (ie treo smartphone with smart earbud) i would be happy and purchase.

    But I have to know it works
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpwalker1980
    Stereo is actually sort of a Typo..
    It is only 1 earbud, but the sound is excellent!

    Also, if you look around you can find adapters so you can use any normal stereo headset you own.
    I may buy this just to play around with. Is it possible for you to take a pic of the item in question with your Treo and post it here? Much appreciated!
    hans
    Palm III - Kyo 6035 -Treo 600
  9. #9  
    I cheched it out at the sprint website... I would love to know how you dial-in the FM Radio station! I am still waiting (anxiously) for an SD adapter for the FM that will enable me to RECEIVE (not transmit) signal...
  10. #10  
    I bought this fm radio tuner when it first came out. IMO it was to much of a inconvience. First of, there is a tunner scan button if I rember correctly. But if you miss your station, there is no way to go back. You must go through all the frequency till it comes back arround. Second, If you turn it of, it doesnt retain the station. I feel it was a waste of money, Its cheaper and better to get a $10 fm tuner stand alone.


    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/662/fmtuner.gif
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by UberTreo
    I bought this fm radio tuner when it first came out. IMO it was to much of a inconvience. First of, there is a tunner scan button if I rember correctly. But if you miss your station, there is no way to go back. You must go through all the frequency till it comes back arround. Second, If you turn it of, it doesnt retain the station. I feel it was a waste of money, Its cheaper and better to get a $10 fm tuner stand alone.


    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/662/fmtuner.gif
    So the image is what your tuner looked like?
    Did you return it?
    Did it have the output plugin for stereo headphones?
    Did you address your complaints/concerns with Sprint (on this item?)
    Just wondrering...
    Palm III - Kyo 6035 -Treo 600
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillsbeer
    So the image is what your tuner looked like?
    Did you return it?
    Did it have the output plugin for stereo headphones?
    Did you address your complaints/concerns with Sprint (on this item?)
    Just wondrering...

    I returned it the same day.
    I had this unit before the treo came out, so I didnt have the stereo plug.
    No. I didnt complain.

Posting Permissions