1.    #1  
    Could someone please explain how Sprint can/could determine the difference between an internet connection with the treo600 or a connection from a PC via the treo 600?

Or does Sprint assume that a high data transfer user as someone connects their PC via their phone?

A detailed explanation very appreciated!
    Theory is, high data usage = More than a Treo could consume.

Reality is, this policy is sort of voodoo and I doubt you'll ever get a straight answer. Sprint tends to deny it exists.
    Pete
    i will be using PDAnet alot in the summer and would like to research the issue also.
    I use PDAnet periodically, and not for long periods of time. Sprint has not charged me any additional rates (yet).

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbaker
    I use PDAnet periodically, and not for long periods of time. Sprint has not charged me any additional rates (yet).

Brian
    I have heard about people having their vision access suspended, and something in the user agreement prohibits PC access.

How could they allow the dialer to connect using a simple code i.e. #777 but then turn around and prohibit this usage??

odd
    I would think any requests made from your PC through PDANet would include standard HTTP headers.

It's sort of a no brainer if Sprint sees headers that include 'Mozilla Compatible (IE 5.5)...', etc. that the request didn't originate on your Treo.

How hard they're looking for this is another matter altogether. I've had great success using moderate amounts of bandwidth with PDANet on Sprintpcs while travelling.
    how do you define moderate? this is a relative term. How often do you use it and for how long???
    Oh sorry....

PDANet has a window on the treo that shows transfer up/down.

'Moderate' (in my view) is 3 2-4mb sessions/day for a week or 2.

That's enough to check my email and do my daily reading.

3*4*14 = 168mb over a 2 week trip. Max.
    cool.. thats exactly how I would like to use it this summer.
    Thanks!
    That is no where near enough for me. 1 gigabyte per month is more like it and sometimes more.
    What is not good is streaming music or video.
    But you guys are minimal users and should not speak for those of us who travel and need to book flights, google stuff etc.
    In packet switching, this ain't that demanding.
    And I pay a lot of money for this ability.
    JON
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpeace
    I would think any requests made from your PC through PDANet would include standard HTTP headers.

It's sort of a no brainer if Sprint sees headers that include 'Mozilla Compatible (IE 5.5)...', etc. that the request didn't originate on your Treo.
    If that were the case, then we'd all be in trouble for using Reqwireless Webviewer (because is shows it self as an IE compatable browser)
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    If that were the case, then we'd all be in trouble for using Reqwireless Webviewer (because is shows it self as an IE compatable browser)
    maybe this is not the policy or they will decide to change their minds about policy..

Rules are flexible, but meant to be broken
    I just turn off rendering of images in IE while using pdaNET.
    Rules are flexible, but meant to be broken?

Umm...that is until someone breaks "your" rules.