Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Is there a way to turn off the flashing light that indicates "no service"? It seems to be a fairly significant battery drain, and it doesn't actually provide any real informtion. (I don't need the light to tell me I'm out of range).

Thanks.
    I think the significant battery drain is from the network search -- this uses a lot of power -- rather than the LED.
    install Butler. set the led function to off. you'll get your extra battery mileage.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    It certainly helps to shut off the LED, but that drain is pretty insignificant to the radio searching for a signal when it cannot find one. There is a free utility called TreoHelper which will shut the radio down after a signal isn't found for a selectable number of minutes. You can then specify how often it will wake up to see if there is a signal available.

And of course, if you're in an area where you KNOW you won't be getting signal for a while, the best bet is to shut the radio off until you get "back to civilization"

P
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Just what I was looking for. Thanks to all.
    Press and hold the power button.
    I just found the LED annoying as heck. If it wasnt for Butler I probably would have poked it with a screwdriver or something. j/k
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989