1.    #1  
    Just got an email from Motion Apps.
    A new version of Mlights is out.
    Here are the changes in version 3.0:
    Simplified and improved UI and configuration settings
    Added battery status information
    mLights will not turn off keyboard backlights after few seconds of inactivity during the night hours. Instead, with v.3.0 keyboard backlights will always be on during the night hours.
    Fixed issue with screen blinking on some Treo 270/300 devices
    Fixed issue with keyboard blinking on some Treo 600 devices
    Added support for Treo 180
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yeah, it works great! They are supposed to have a improved version (3.0) of mSafe sometime in the next day or so.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    I gave v.3.0 a try, but I prefer the old v.2.5.

I actually like the keyboard light staying off after a few seconds. The old version seemed bug free to me, so I will stay with it, unless they bring out another updat with more options you can turn on.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I gave v.3.0 a try, but I prefer the old v.2.5...
    Same here. 3.0 is a major step backwards. They removed the main user options, one of which allowed for customizing the day vs. night brightness levels. I don't think I've ever seen a utility update become less flexible.

Nothing wrong with 2.5. If you need the keyboard backlight on all the time when the screen is dimmed, try HiLauncher (includes this option) and there are others as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    Same here. 3.0 is a major step backwards. They removed the main user options, one of which allowed for customizing the day vs. night brightness levels. I don't think I've ever seen a utility update become less flexible.

Nothing wrong with 2.5. If you need the keyboard backlight on all the time when the screen is dimmed, try HiLauncher (includes this option) and there are others as well.
    Ditto, I like 2.5 better, there is no enable/diable and I don't think there are as much features. I am going back to V2.5
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I tried V3 and found it lacking. I like having the ability to adjust the screen brightness. I am going back to V2.5.
    Another 'bug' with the latest version of mLights - when using PocketTunes or Audible with the screen off, it keeps turning the keyboard light back on during 'nighttime' mode (and wasting the battery). Does anyone still have the old version of mLights?
  8.    #8  
    pm me your email address and I send it to ya!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    add me to the list of long time v2.5 to 3.0 back to v2.5. v3.0 is a definite step backward...
    I'm sticking with 2.5 until 3.0 become more robust.

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    I used to rely on the program but stopped after Simple Profile Manager incorporated all of the features except scheduling into it. Also, there are cheap alternatives on the market now like Profeo.

(When mSafe and mLight came out a few years ago, I agree they were cool and cutting edge.)
    I've experienced with v3.0 where I receive a sms at night and mLights v3.0 seems to deactivate until I power off and back on. Only then does the app reset and work properly. I've switched back to v2.5 until this issue is resolved.
    J