Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I really like this Today program (although I don't have much to compare to as this is my first PDA).

My question is, on the main screen it says:

Owner:F
    Tap here for details!

No matter what I type in for owner, it continues to say "Owner:F"

Anyone else experience this or have an idea on what to do?

Thanks.
    yes I had the same trouble. Give Wassup a try the nice thing about Wassup is that it actually has a setting in the pref. for Snappermail integration if you use that.
    Also my favorite feature is that the APP Bar at the bottom of the screen is scrollable three screens deep so you can quick launch up to 15 Apps! If you match this with a multipe App program like "Treo Shortcuts" you will forget about other launchers.
    http://www.shsh.com/products/index.html
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I really like this Today program (although I don't have much to compare to as this is my first PDA).

My question is, on the main screen it says:

Owner:F
    Tap here for details!

No matter what I type in for owner, it continues to say "Owner:F"

Anyone else experience this or have an idea on what to do?

Thanks.
    In the Today app, did you go into PREFS, highlight "Owner Info," and select OPTIONS to change the owner name? Or are you going into the system's preferences?

You have to go into Today's prefs to fix this.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Thanks, I looked at Wassup and it looking interesting, but I really like today, and now that I figured how to get into its prefs, I like it even more. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by noahas; 05/07/2004 at 10:17 PM.
    Hi everyone,

can someone tell me what "Today" is? Or send me a link.
    I searched for it in Google but it's giving me a Bible software or today's palm os....
    Nothing on a software named Today.
    Any help will be appreaciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hi everyone,

can someone tell me what "Today" is? Or send me a link.
    I searched for it in Google but it's giving me a Bible software or today's palm os....
    Nothing on a software named Today.
    Any help will be appreaciated.
    Today
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    TR30, thanks again for your help. Can you or anyone else tell me:

When I am just using the built in email app for the Treo, when I get an alert telling me I have an email, the Today screen doesn't indicatate an unread email. I have read I believe somewhere that it only worked with Versamail. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    And it's FREE!
    Thanks a mil TR30.
    No problem, guys.

As for the built in email app for the Treo, yeah, Today can't seem to read it, along with SnapperMail. I also read somewhere that it works with Versamail. Maybe someone with Versamail can confirm that?
    What about Wassup?
    Does that one check the mail.
    Which one is better by comparison?
    "Wassup" supports more email apps than "Today." I haven't tried "Wassup" so I can't really compare.
    Well I tried the Wassup and I think Today looks better.
    Wassup can do a few more things but in terms of looks I think Today wins.

You know how Today shows up in your screen automatically, doe Wassup do that?
    I haven't gotten a chance to check b/c I don't want to uninstall Today.
    Anyone knows?
    The ingenious creator of TakePhone is developing a new Today-like app that will be completely integrated with the Treo from both a navigation AND app perspective. Snappermail, SMS, Chatter, etc. One look at the screen and you know both the status of your Treo and your day. Look for it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    The ingenious creator of TakePhone is developing a new Today-like app that will be completely integrated with the Treo from both a navigation AND app perspective. Snappermail, SMS, Chatter, etc. One look at the screen and you know both the status of your Treo and your day. Look for it soon.
    Sweet! I got both SnapperMail and Chatter, so I'll definitely be lookin' out for that one. Thanks for the 411!
    also check out facer pro www.pocketcraft.com. Its pretty cool in that it allows plugins that allow you to customize your today screen. For example, there is a versamail plugin, and a weather plugin is coming soon.
    Last edited by mobileman; 05/13/2004 at 01:49 PM.
    Hi everyone,
    I'm have a question concerning Today. I noticed my alarm app 'LookAtMe!' is not working properly and I only noticed this after I installed 'Today'.

I would set the alarm to sound at a certain time and the alarm would not go off. It use to work fine before. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Help! I don't want to get rid of Today but I need my alarm.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Sorry, can't help with that, I would assume it is just a software conflict. I saw a post on the new Sprint update that Today was causing a conflict with that too and had to be deleted.
    I am running today with the new update no problems. It might be because they were running an old version of Today. Lots of problems with the old Today program especially after a hard reset and restore. The only problem I ran into with the update is the aqua phone skin and logo had to be deleted. Otherwise it would cause a cycle of soft resets when the phone was turned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Well I tried the Wassup and I think Today looks better.
    Wassup can do a few more things but in terms of looks I think Today wins.

You know how Today shows up in your screen automatically, doe Wassup do that?
    I haven't gotten a chance to check b/c I don't want to uninstall Today.
    Anyone knows?
    I used Wassup for a minute; I dont remember what made me get rid of it, but anyway, there are some free skins available for it. Wassup & Skins
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I am running today with the new update no problems. It might be because they were running an old version of Today. Lots of problems with the old Today program especially after a hard reset and restore. The only problem I ran into with the update is the aqua phone skin and logo had to be deleted. Otherwise it would cause a cycle of soft resets when the phone was turned on.
    You were probably using the old method of doing the aqua phone skin that actually replaced your phone.prc. The new way of doing things uses an overlay file that only contains the graphics and can be installed an uninstalled easily without affecting the phone app itself. There are also far more than just the newer aqua buttons available thanks to this thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast