Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Headphones and/or headset for Treo 600
    I have been looking around and searching through various forums on info on a good pair of headphones (mostly) and a headphone/headset combo for the treo and the only one out there seems to be the one on treocentral.com from Seidio.

Problem is some people said it was a piece of junk. While someone here (lgreenberg) said it works perfectly.

My question is are there any headphones out there with a pin that connects to the treo600? Say for example from Sony or Panasonic or what not?

Hope the people here can help.
    Regarding the complaints about Seidio, there were some mostly late last year when the first version of the 2 in 1 stereo headset was release but to Seidio's credit they pulled the defective product and after a fine effort on their part released a great heaset, the 2 in 1, that works as advertised.

I wish TC could recover the lost forum threads as I posted a review of the 2 in 1 and posted a lot of followup information about Seidio's 2 in 1 adaptor, the 2 in 1 behind the head (back phone) headset and their FM transmitter. I have all of these and love them.

I never go anywhere without my 2 in 1 headset (found a great little case for it) and I use the behind the head while sailing and riding my bike, and the 2 in 1 adaptor with the Siedio FM transmitter while listening to my treo audible programs in my car.

My wife also carries her 2 in 1 in her purse so she can listen to audible programming on her Treo 600 whenever she can find the time. She also jogs with the 2 in 1 back phone headset every morning listening to Audible books.

I also have the Seidio 2.5mm stereo headset which I purchased while waiting for the new improved 2 in 1 to be released. And I have a couple of their sync cables; the retractable, and the short one with the sync button. I also have their 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adaptor which I prefer over the Handspring "L" shaped. The Seidio plastic SD card case is perfect for keeping the other four 512 MB SD cards I use with my Treo. I have a lot of Audible books, Palm Reader books and old-time radio comedy (mp3) shows.

I also posted a review of the Seidio swivel holster which is the only case I have used for some time now. My wife still uses her black leather Handspring horizontal for business but uses the Seidio swivel holster the rest of the time.

It is the only case I know of that easily lets you remove and replace the Treo from the case with one hand, without having to look or fumble around with a clasp or flap, etc. Just snap it in. I always use mine in the horizontal position my wife prefers the verticle ( odd since she prefers the horizontal for the Handspring OEM case).

I have never had any problem with any of my Seidio products. Try the 2 in 1 you will find it useful to be able to hear the Treo ring through the headset in a noisy environment unlike other headsets, I have several, that do not.

Since I only have a few music mp3's on my Treo I often just use one 2 in 1 earbud so I don't miss a call as the Treo's ring is so low and I can hardly feel the vibration.
  3.    #3  
    wow. thanks for the thorough input. wondering if you had those reviews lying around so you could repost them for us

i had a question though. does the adapter work well with regular third party headphones like a sony headphone for example? Do you recommend the adapter or the 2 in 1 headset itself?

what were the initial probs seidio had with their products?

thanks again
  4.    #4  
    just a bump and a note that this headset is not $5 off on the seidio website.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=HMESVOT-SL

rather buy it from there than treocentral because of the S/H rates.
    I think the Seidio headset is OK. The audio quality in the headphones is only decent, not terrible but not great. It's great to have an all in one though. The microphone piece is a little heavy if you don't clip it to something. Unfortunately, on mine, if you have the microphone facing forward (away from your body), the left and the right earbuds are backwards coming out of the microphone part, so you have to twist the cord (not a big deal, but it indictes shoddy construction). The audio quality for speaking with the earpiece is only OK as well. Sometimes my voice distorts just a little bit through the microphone. But it's still the best thing out there because it's the only product successfully designed to do what it does. I just wish that the Treo 600 hadn't changed from the 3 prong adapter that was had in the 300/270 models. That way, we could have used other 3rd party products that are higher quality and better designed.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the feedback. I was on the verge of buying this thing since it was on sale but i think i'll wait till someone else comes up with a better product like Plantronics or someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by talaria
    Regarding the complaints about Seidio, there were some mostly late last year when the first version of the 2 in 1 stereo headset was release but to Seidio's credit they pulled the defective product and after a fine effort on their part released a great heaset, the 2 in 1, that works as advertised.
    A few weeks ago I ordered a 2-in-1 and from the moment I put it on the left earphone produced sound rarely & sporadically (always at the lowest volumes and sometimes I could continue to hear sound when I sloooowly increased the volume). Also the distortions on higher volumes were extreme.

I listen mostly to music and there was no way to play the music loud with those headphones. I listen to the music at higher volumes with other headphones using the L-shaped adapter and everything sounds great.

The shopping store associated with TreoCentral, to their credit, has been very responsive and is providing me some options.

Since I received this only a few weeks ago is it possible that there were defective ones still in the channel? Do I have one of the "Improved" ones that wasn't improved very much?

Does anyone know the status on these headphones. Is there any way to tell the difference?

Is the behind-the-head model the one that's been improved? Does it have clarity at higher volumes?

I really like the concept of the device and just wish it worked.

For the most part I'm ecstatic about the Treo600 and everything associated with it but am hoping that perhaps I got one of the older ones.

Thanks in advance.
  8.    #8  
    at least treocentral is helping you out. if i were you, i would try to get my cash back or exchange the seidio 2 in 1 for something else from the palm store - like a case or something. i'll wait a few months (maybe till the end of the summer) before i invest in a 2 in 1 headset - after all the kinks have been ironed out.
    I'm loving my 2-in-1 and have had no problems whatsoever.
    I guess my point is that you could theoretically wait forever for someone else to come out with something (there's always something new on the horizon), and I think most folks have pretty happy with their 2-in-1s. So - go ahead and jump in. If you have issues, you can probably get Seidio to credit you. I ordered those slip-over-the-ear bud wrap things, didn't dig 'em, returned 'em, and Seidio gave my money back.
    Just got my 600. anyone have an update on the recommendations of 2 in 1 headsets?

thanks
    Can you tell me where you got your case for the 2-in-one? My only compalint is trying to intangle everything when I put it in my purse. I worry that th earbds wil get damaged.

Thanks

Katie
    Hi,

I asked the same question in Multimedia forum about the retractable version. My other concern was that the unit places the microphone quite a bit lower than the supplied hands-free mike.

Noone has responded about he quality of the ear-buds for MP3 but I took a risk and ordered them anyway. Seing as they offer the only alternative, I figured I'd give it a go. Also, I found someone on ebay who was selling the unit for a few US $$ less but a LOT less for shipping. Seido and TreoCentral were going to charge the same for postage as they charge for the unit!

I'll let you know what I think of them, if you're insterested.

-Swingstylez

<EDIT>
    I take back what I said, Seido does offer cheap shipment. Must just be TreoCentral that doesn't. Drat, wish I had seen that before buying especially after reports of dodgy models.
    Last edited by Swingstylez; 02/13/2005 at 11:09 AM.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    I ordered a set from TC as well $5 for shipping seems very reasonable to me. The confirmation and shipping notice were lightning fast (less than an hour and I had a UPS tracking #).

Will advise my opinion of sound quality if anyone is interested.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm
    Can you tell me where you got your case for the 2-in-one? My only compalint is trying to intangle everything when I put it in my purse. I worry that th earbds wil get damaged.

Thanks

Katie
    There is a simple software solution with Freedom www.toysoft.ca
    Freedom will let you use your ear Bud or headset to listen to mp3 and audio and dont need any additional hardware except the 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter for stereo headsets.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    There is a simple software solution with Freedom www.toysoft.ca
    Freedom will let you use your ear Bud or headset to listen to mp3 and audio and dont need any additional hardware except the 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter for stereo headsets.
    That's interesting. I used that software to get sound from the supplied single-earbud. My understanding is that the single earbud is a left speaker and the mike is passive. Shorting the mike wire to ground, temporarily, hangs up a call. Shorting it for longer than two seconds, disables the t600 speaker and pumps all sound through the earbud. (just hold the button down for a while and even the ring will come through the earbud)

Another way to short the mike wire to ground is to place a right ear-bud in it's place ..So, I'm a bit of a spaz when it comes to electronics but if you connect a stero headset, I don't see why you'd need Freedom.

??

Signed,
    Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I ordered a set from TC as well $5 for shipping seems very reasonable to me. The confirmation and shipping notice were lightning fast (less than an hour and I had a UPS tracking #).

Will advise my opinion of sound quality if anyone is interested.
    Yeah but I'm outside US/Canada

<sigh>
    Ahh, didn't even think of that. I sometimes forget how small the world has gotten!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Just got mine... WOW. Sound is good (not great but It's cause I'm using 64 KBPS WMA files) The phone part is unbelievable. It sounds like the person is inside your head...Very cool. I spent $34.90 total.. Money WELL spent IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Just got mine... WOW. Sound is good (not great but It's cause I'm using 64 KBPS WMA files) The phone part is unbelievable. It sounds like the person is inside your head...Very cool. I spent $34.90 total.. Money WELL spent IMHO.

That is so good to hear - thanks for the info.

It's costing an arm and a leg trying to acessorise this lovely little gadet, I'd hate to some thing that is mediocre!
    Yeah,me too. But it's still cheaper than buying an ipod and a PDA and a phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast