1.    #1  
    What is the lowest the battery level will go before the Treo won't power up anymore?

Follow up question! Is it wise to let this happen?
    Ive run it to the point where it forcefully shuts off. It actually pops up a message saying something like "Shutting off in 15 seconds" and counts down. It was either 0% or close to it because IIRC I had checked 10 minutes before and it was at 4%.

It didnt seem to have any ill effect in the short term (replaced it a few weeks later) but doing that often cant be good for the battery's life span.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Doesn't it ship with no or little battery charge level? I am sure it has been charged before shipping and (supposedly) tested. The phone works fine once we charge it and started using it. So how is this situation different? I understand the effect on battery's life span can be difficult to determine in a short time.
    Treo 600 GSM