Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would like to buy an SD card for the Treo600 THAT IS RELIABLE.

I will probably go as high as the 256mb , but reliability rather than size is the issue.

I have seen great deals on Kingston. The reviews here say not to buy.

I am wondering about Viking, Lexar, and some of the other brands.

Any suggestions of which brands are reliable and the best place to buy them?

Thank you.
    I have just purchased a SanDisk 512Mb SD card from Buy.com. It appears to work perfectly.
    I have the SanDisk 512MD card...worked fine for 4 months, then today it has choosen no longer work, regretable I backed all my pictures form the past 4 months on this card...should of made a back up on the computer. Good news is that SanDisk is going to replace the card for free...they have a 5 year garantee. I will post when I get the replacement.

-CK
    After hearing, reading, and being told by friends about problems with SanDisk cards I bought a Panasonic 512. Not one problem in 5 months of heavy use.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I have two San Disk 512MB and three PNY 512MB cards. I also have the San Disk 128MB card that came with the San Disk Cruzer which I like and wish they still made.

My wife has a San Disk 512MB card and she also has a San Disk Cruzer with a 128MB card.

We use the 128MB cards for backup and use the 512MB cards for audio programs, etc. None of the cards have given us any problems.

Get the biggest card you can as they fill up faster than you might think.
    Whaattt? Kingstons are great. - i have a 512mb
    I filed mine down to be flush with the treo as soon as i got it. I dropped my treo soo many times i cant count. Once I dropped my treo and didnt realize my kingston flew out (this happens with all SD cards if you drop them hard enough), anyways it was outside in the middle of the street all day. I picked it up, popped it in and worked no problems.
    Id say Kingstons are excellent, I use it on a constant basis.
    I have a 256mb Fujifilm card and it is works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have fried too many Sandisk cards to EVER put another one in a Palm device. I have found Panasonic to be the most reliable cards I have used - I have a couple of 512's which work flawlessly. Supposedly Panasonic is due to ship the 1 GB in the U.S. in the next month...
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I have fried too many Sandisk cards to EVER put another one in a Palm device. I have found Panasonic to be the most reliable cards I have used - I have a couple of 512's which work flawlessly. Supposedly Panasonic is due to ship the 1 GB in the U.S. in the next month...
    The quality control in the latest Sandisk cards "ULTRA II' seem much better than in previous sandisk cards that I have used. In the past I have also had reliability problems with sandisk cards in both SD and CF cards which I had to have replaced under warranty. Luckily none of the replacement cards have had any problems.

I recently purchased a new 512mb Sandisk Ultra II card and was surprised to find that it consistently benchmarked faster than the Lexar panasonic sd card it replaced. In fact the panasonic card benchmarked the slowest.

I benchmarked all three of my cards using
    VFSMark Benchmark 1.1 using my Treo 600 and averaging the results of 5 tests, here are the results:

Lexar Panasonic:VFSMark 205
    Lexar Unknown: VFSMark 270
    Sandisk Ultra II: VFSMark 315

I'm curious has anyone recorded a VFSMark higher than 320 on their Treo 600?
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Panasonic is usually more expensive than the other brands, but I have never had a problem with their cards like others have had with SanDisk and Viking.
    I just purchased a SanDisk Ultra II 256MB card at auction on eBay. Thought I got a pretty decent deal from reputable seller at a more than fair price ($70). Since it retails for roughly $120, I'm pretty happy so far.

I'll try to post here how it goes with this new card. My current card (PNY 128MB) has worked fine, but isn't big enough to hold the MP3 collection I like to keep with me. Plus my Minolta dImageX camera wants its card back!

By the way, DON'T BUY a 256MB regular SanDisk card. My friend has had his die several times & lose all data, forcing him to reformat. The 128's and 512's seem to generally be ok -- it's something wrong with the 256's it appears...

-ccrochet
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I have a Kingston 256MB and it works great. The CardInfo app reports the manufacturer as Toshiba. On my Treo 600 (PalmOne branded) the Kingston SD card is thick enough not to fly out of the slot when it's touched either!
    I have had a sandisk 256mb for a year now with no problems even filed it down.
    Well, I've been up & running on my SanDisk Ultra II 256MB SD card for over 2 months now -- no hitches. Works like a champ. I highly recommend this card -- especially if you can get it for the steal I got it for...

Thanks!
    -C
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I've been using a Panasonic 1GB card for 3 weeks. I picked it up at Fry's in Los Angeles when I was out there on business last month. The whole Fry's chain only had 4 of them.

Works great (as did the Panasonic 256M card it replaced).

It does cost about as much as my Treo did though...

Bill S
    Lexar is Panasonic rebranded but much cheaper. Never had any issues with it.
    I went through two Sandisk 256mb Ultra II cards that each went bad. Newegg replaced the first one and then gave me a refund (-15% restocking) after the second one. The first one worked for months.... The problem, it seemed, was only when I used the card on my card reader. I could load it with mp3s once and it would work flawlessly in the treo, but the more and more I used it in my card reader the more damaged the data became. Formats temporarily fixed the situation until finally the card would not read or format in either my card reader or Treo 600.

Zio Corp (Dazzle) told me it was Sandisk's fault and cited a few Internet product review testimonials like those found in this thread as evidence.

I got my refund and purchased a Transcend 512mb 45x card for 112 bucks on Newegg. This was not too long ago but no problems so far.
    i have had ny lexar 256MB card for a while now and i have not had one problem i have had it working in my camera t600 card reader its great
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I know that is an ambiguous question, my problem is upgrading from a 256 card to a 512 or even 1M card--how to I copy all of my files from the old card to the new one? I do not believe that everything on the card is synced, or is it? If so, where would I find it on my Palm Desktop? Otherwise, to repeat how to I transfer all my data to the new card?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    I know that is an ambiguous question, my problem is upgrading from a 256 card to a 512 or even 1M card--how to I copy all of my files from the old card to the new one? I do not believe that everything on the card is synced, or is it? If so, where would I find it on my Palm Desktop? Otherwise, to repeat how to I transfer all my data to the new card?
    I have two SD card readers (I had one, and my father gave me one for traveling). I hooked both of them up to the computer, and just copied everything from the 128 to the 512. Put the 512 in, and everything seemed to work, including the programs ZLauncher moved to the card earlier.

Louis
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast