Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    On 3/31/2004, I purchased a copy of WebPro for $34.99 from PalmOne through Handago which of course did not work on the Treo 600. Yesterday I downloaded the new version and it seems to work fine except it now asks for a Registration Code - the previous version did not require a code.

I contacted PalmOne and so far they have refused to help but have instead referred me to my wireless carrier. My Treo 600 has been modified to work on Verizon so that won't work and in fact I feel their request is a bunch of crap!!! I don't think I should have to pay an additional $34.99 just to get a registration code.

Anybody else run into this problem??

Frank McGirt
    fmcgirt@mac.com
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yep! Same situation.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    And I guess we have no recourse???

What I don't understand is why do they refer you to your wireless provider when WebPro is an add on PalmOne application that has nothing to do with the wireless service??? Sounds like PalmOne doesn't want to be bothered with a little thing like "Customer Service" on one of their products.....
    Same here as well...I emailed Handango to see what is the issue with a code. Since I'm a registered customer, I can't even get free updates to work with their own products. I have yet to hear back from them if they even do. Annoying popup but the browser still works.
    I emailed Palm and Handango and included my original email from them showing the purchase. I will let you know if they respond. Palm did the same thing to me once before with Versa Mail. Strike 2 for Palm.
    It appears that if you have the original email from handango which includes the download link and you input your email address at time of purchase with your order number, you can re-download the file. There is no code. I figured this out myself by reviewing my original email from Handango.

I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    On 3/31/2004, I purchased a copy of WebPro for $34.99 from PalmOne through Handago which of course did not work on the Treo 600. Yesterday I downloaded the new version and it seems to work fine except it now asks for a Registration Code - the previous version did not require a code.

I contacted PalmOne and so far they have refused to help but have instead referred me to my wireless carrier. My Treo 600 has been modified to work on Verizon so that won't work and in fact I feel their request is a bunch of crap!!! I don't think I should have to pay an additional $34.99 just to get a registration code.

Anybody else run into this problem??

Frank McGirt
    fmcgirt@mac.com
    But, being the fool I sometimes am, I just clicked the "OK" button and it works just fine. Funny, too ... it tells me the reg code is invalid, yet it works! YMMV

FYI, I have version 3.0.1c.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    fishnet,

that's what I did but I still get the reg. code pop-up. Did you get no pop-up from the Handango link? I would hate to uninstall the whole app. Is anyone who is using the latest Web Pro and Treo 600 NOT having this problem? Gracias.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Well, I have done what has been suggested here: emailed both Palm and Handango requesting a code and included the original email receipt for my purchase; using the download link from this receipt, I re-downloaded Web Pro, installed it and got the reg code popup. Palm's response was to contact Sprint; nothing from Handango yet. I blasted Palm for their response so I probably won't hear from them again so maybe Handango will come through. This sure stinks!!!
    I have not installed it yet. I will later and let you know.
    I downloaded the file directly from the original email. Is that what you refer to the Handango link? When I clicked on the link, it asked for my email and order number, then let me download the file. Is that what you did?
    Yes, I downloaded from the Handango link with my reference number and email address. It had an updated link and still I have that popup.

Hmmm...why would Sprint be involved?
    As I said before. Strike 2 Palm
    Anyone have an update?

I am not one to lie down and roll over.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have heard nothing else from Palm and also no response from Handango.
    Same here...they are silent on this subject. Could be part of the "update" coming out this week?